Offer: Accepted.

What's Hot

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33793
    Fingers crossed here too.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    Congrats hope the rest all goes as quickly and smoothly.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    Excellent news. We're planning on selling my g/f's place soon, hope it all goes as smoothly as your sale seems to have >:D<
    The reality of all the work we have to do is setting in now.
    Daunting to say the least but I think we have a plan for doing it with the least amount of fuss.
    Hopefully this will be the last one we have to do whilst living in it.
    I am not sure how much plaster dust I can keep dealing with.

Still, will be fun.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

Have the party before the renovation work. It's saves so much messing around.

Ahem, we don't appear to have received any invites.........................

;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaveRave Frets: 268

That sort of money would make you King Octatonic 'round these parts...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42322328.html

Congrats on the purchase, lovely house :)

edited August 2013
    Rave said:

That sort of money would make you King Octatonic 'round these parts...

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-42322328.html

Congrats on the purchase, lovely house :)

FUCKING HELL!
    That is amazing.

The commute for Mrs Oct might be on the high side though.
    Check it out:

We accepted an offer today for over asking price.
    not quite ready to break out the packing crates but it is a step in the right direction.
  • Had the person who offered the asking price withdrawn, or have they been gazumped by the latest buyer?
    Had the person who offered the asking price withdrawn, or have they been gazumped by the latest buyer?
    Same person.
    We got one offer on the day and one slightly higher Tuesday morning after the bank holiday.
    I didn't accept either and instructed the agent to ask for best and final.

The offer we went with was higher and they are in a better position to buy so it is all good.
    That isn't gazumping though- it is just a bidding war.

Gazumping would be if we continued to show the place and then took a higher offer down the line.
    I don't do that and I won't deal with people who do.
    I've walked away from more than a few properties where people have tried it on that way.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Frets: 136
    edited August 2013
    'Best and final' is the 'moral' way of dealing with a popular house in my opinion - I wholeheartedly agree with you about gazumping.Glad your buyer hasn't mucked you about-they are obviously very committed to your house (mind you, having seen the pictures, I'm not surprised). Market here in South Manchester is the same. Bonkers number of buyers for the 'right' property.

As I said in an earlier post, hope it all goes well for you. Moving can be a stressful business.....
    'Best and final' is the 'moral' way of dealing with a popular house in my opinion - I wholeheartedly agree with you about gazumping.Glad your buyer hasn't mucked you about-they are obviously very committed to your house (mind you, having seen the pictures, I'm not surprised). Market here in South Manchester is the same. Bonkers number of buyers for the 'right' property.

As I said in an earlier post, hope it all goes well for you. Moving can ba a stressful business.....
    I reckon 'best and final' is probably the best way of deciding who really wants it without mucking anyone about.
    Thanks mate- hopefully it will all go smoothly.
    Even still I'm a bit frayed- many endorphin dumps over the last couple of weeks have exhausted me.
    Nothing has gone wrong so far but it is almost too exciting to be pleasurable, if you know what I mean.
  • octatonic;23159" said:
    I reckon 'best and final' is probably the best way of deciding who really wants it without mucking anyone about.
    Always better when original buyer comes through as well I reckon. The buyer who starts the bidding war often suffers rapid buyer's remorse and pulls the plug a few days or weeks in, or starts to nit-pick after survey to get the price back down.

If the original buyers win the day, it usually proves they are truly committed. It all sounds positive!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    They say moving home one of the most stressful things in a person's life. I confirm that was the case when we last moved! It just seems sooooo drawn out, and uncertain, plus there's so much money involved it's frightening. I don't know whether the process has speeded up at all, but you'd think in this day and age of electronic transfers of data it could all be done in an afternoon. Still and all I hope it goes smoothly, you seem to be on the right track so far, Oct.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Just got the survey.
    We've found some asbestos in the garage and maybe the roof tiles too (in the place we are moving to).
    Not deal breaker but could be tricky to deal with.

A couple of cracks in the brickwork but again nothing that is a huge problem.
    I kinda think that in 100 year old houses you are going to get that.
    They are quite small cracks but I'll need to sort them out at some stage.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    Probably corrugated rather than the nasty stuff.  Easy enough to dispose of - though it's a licence to print money for the removal guys - get a few quotes.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Jalapeno said:
    Probably corrugated rather than the nasty stuff.  Easy enough to dispose of - though it's a licence to print money for the removal guys - get a few quotes.
    For the garage (asbestos cement) you can dispose of it yourself.
    You have to wet it first, use hand tools and obviously suit up.
    Ealing has a disposal centre for it too- you double bag it and take it up- they deal with it from there.

The roof of the property is a bit more of a problem- I wouldn't be able to remove that stuff myself and yes it will be expensive.
    We are a couple of years away from doing that I think.
  • octatonic;23613" said:

The roof of the property is a bit more of a problem- I wouldn't be able to remove that stuff myself and yes it will be expensive.We are a couple of years away from doing that I think.
    Mortgage lenders are usually insistent that this stuff goes as a condition of them lending. You may not be buying with a mortgage, but the person who buys it off you almost certainly will.

I think there is strong justification for you to expect the seller to make some concession on the price to assist you to do this ASAP. If the sale to you were to fall through, they would only face the same issue with any future buyer.
    octatonic;23613" said:

The roof of the property is a bit more of a problem- I wouldn't be able to remove that stuff myself and yes it will be expensive.We are a couple of years away from doing that I think.
    Mortgage lenders are usually insistent that this stuff goes as a condition of them lending. You may not be buying with a mortgage, but the person who buys it off you almost certainly will.

I think there is strong justification for you to expect the seller to make some concession on the price to assist you to do this ASAP. If the sale to you were to fall through, they would only face the same issue with any future buyer.
    Yes, we are looking at this now.
  • octatonic;23785" said:
    Yes, we are looking at this now.
    Grandmother/eggs on my part! Apologies...