Finished strat build with added wiring probs!

TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1849
edited October 2016 in Guitar
Ive finished my GSP build strat - it's a beaut.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/jonny73/Mobile Uploads/06053FA4-EFBC-4A86-9273-EC09D6A2710D_zpsontoauum.jpg

However I'm normally all cool with wiring but the position 4 on the pickup selector is much quieter than the others. The set up is HSS with a Mojo vintage bucker in the bridge and the BKP Apaches in the neck and middle. Also a Mojo loom is installed 

could it be a phase issue ?? 

What can can I do to solve it??
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1649
    Ive finished my GSP build strat - it's a beaut.

However I'm normally all cool with wiring but the position 4 on the pickup selector is much quieter than the others. The set up is HSS with a Mojo vintage bucker in the bridge and the BKP Apaches in the neck and middle. Also a Mojo loom is installed 

could it be a phase issue ?? 

What can can I do to solve it??

It sounds like a Phase issue, try swapping the wires on the neck pickup. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30138
    What do you mean by position 4 - neck and middle, or middle and bridge?

If the former then Olaf is right. If the latter then swap the bridge wires.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74396
    What Sporky said - it will be a phase issue between the Mojo and the BKPs. Swap the hot and ground wires (not the shield) on the Mojo and it should be all good.

If it doesn't have 4-conductor cable, you'll need to swap *both* the BKPs.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ICBM said:
    What Sporky said - it will be a phase issue between the Mojo and the BKPs. Swap the hot and ground wires (not the shield) on the Mojo and it should be all good.

If it doesn't have 4-conductor cable, you'll need to swap *both* the BKPs.
    So swap the hot and ground wired where? On the back of the pot and the 5 way
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74396
    Travisthedog said:

So swap the hot and ground wired where? On the back of the pot and the 5 way
    Wherever they're connected to. It would normally be the pot and the switch unless you've got a coil-split or some odd control arrangement.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein