SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Load box with headphone out for £150 or less

colourofsoundcolourofsound Frets: 422
edited October 2016 in Amps £
I'd like a loadbox that isn't ridiculously expensive - they seem to vary in price wildly so not sure whats best.

Features wise, headphone out is a must, DI in very close second and speaker emulation third.

I have a Celestion G12-65 16ohm for trades; its from the early 90's.

Fairly sure there will be no interest but I have a 12" Fender Eminence from a HRD - thats £30inc P&P for anyone who wants a spare.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump
  • Bermp
  • Check out the Dennis Marshall load box... £110 exc delivery. Www.dennismarshall.co.uk
  • Thanks for this - i'll certainly check that out. Have you any experience of this? It has to be said I was hoping for an attentuation feature too, but I may be asking a lot for the budget.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1492
    Check out the Dennis Marshall load box... £110 exc delivery. Www.dennismarshall.co.uk
    Is that a reactive or resistive load box?  No mention of different speaker impedances either.

Cheers.
  • EreforGuitarGearEreforGuitarGear Frets: 71
    edited October 2016
    I have one... I use it with a 20w ceriatone ots mini... I have a kleinulator that I use as an attenuator of sorts.. As to whether it's resistive or reactive I don't have a clue. Send Dennis an email he usually gets back within 48hrs. IIRC it's 8ohm 
    I have one... I use it with a 20w ceriatone ots mini... I have a kleinulator that I use as an attenuator of sorts.. As to whether it's resistive or reactive I don't have a clue. Send Dennis an email he usually gets back within 48hrs. IIRC it's 8ohm 
    Cheers.  As it happens I did email Dennis and Emerson Williams asking the question - Emerson Williams said it's a bit of both, so I suspect it's and inductor in series with a load (like Palmer do it) and it's 8 ohms only.

• Dennis worked with Emerson Williams on the version they have... the one you can get direct from Dennis is the upgraded version with double the power handling ability. If I remember correctly the Emerson Williams one is cheaper. I bought one from Dennis and have no complaints... it's a very useful bit of kit. 
    Yeah, it's quite clearly an upgraded version.  Not being 16 ohms is a deal breaker for me though.
  • david86david86 Frets: 12
    I've got a 16 ohm thd hot plate if you're interested
  • Its 8ohms for me too i'n afraid