SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Withdrawn: Bulldog Patent Number Humbucker Set -- Zebra

martinwmartinw Frets: 2150
edited October 2016 in Parts £ tFB Trader

These are Hayden's take on the sound of 60s 'Patent Number' pickups as fitted to Gibson SGs, 335s etc. They have Alnico V magnets and are a moderate wind, 8k bridge and 7.3k neck as shown. They are vintage in flavour, and not dissimilar to a Bareknuckle Riff Raff. The have a little more bite and a tighter bass than you might get with a pickups described as PAFs, but then many PAFs were made to this spec anyway (I believe) so they're in that ball park. In any case, they sound fantastic.

These have been fitted to an SG Standard, and have braided 2-conductor wires which still have good length on them.

The bobbins I went for are the vintage accurate butyrate to go with the nickel silver base plates, plain enamel wire etc, so that have all the mojo points!

£100 posted. Not for sale.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2150
    tFB Trader
    After some further consideration, I have decided these will no longer be for sale, sorry.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom