NGD x 2

What's Hot
WezVWezV Frets: 16967
edited October 2016 in Guitar
if you have been down to making and modding you may have seen these before - both now totally finished today

These are both built out of some reclaimed mahogany.  it was really good quality, but not quite the right size  for full bodies.  

The first lot was all 3/4" thick.  that inspired the pancake style deluxe - solid mahogany body  made in 3-layers and a 3-piece laminated mahogany neck

The second lot was all 3x4" so that became the neck through junior style, which i made with a really thin body.  

So yeah, multiple pieces of wood, but great quality so it works

the deluxe weighs in at 8.8lb with some swiss cheese chambering.  It has gotoh hardware, oil city pickups and an oxblood nitro finish which only looks oxblood in very bright light.

The junior is an amazing 5.6lb witha modded mojoaxe guard, mojo pickups P-90.  also oxlood nitro, but this time over a cherry red stain.... the plan was always to sand through it in places.  The bridge is old, uncompensated and weighs just 1oz - this thing really rings

Neither are meant to be authentic replicas, just riffs on a theme. 

I wanted to try some new relicing techniques on both so they both have razor blade checking.... still need a bit more practice but I am happy with how they came out, happier with the deluxe than the junior  

0reaction image LOL 31reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments