Drum Tracks / Original Backing Tracks

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    edited January 2014
    Yes why do you think modern music sounds so crap :-) Joking aside Yes there are a good few plugins that do variations on that theme. A lot of modern stuff is assembled from extracting old grooves then replacing drums with samples etc etc. Can't seem to get the you tube link but search for beatcleaver Here is a basic tutorial using beatcleaver and reaper you DAW of choice. It's not the best I have seen but gives you a flavour. 

Regards jez
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Can't seem to get the you tube link but search for Beatcleaver tutorial should get you there. Dam forum software does not want to take my You Tube link
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    I looked for Beatcleaver, and it seems to be a sampling program for hip-hop, innit.  :D

However, while looking for a tutorial, there's a tutorial for Reaper, and apparently it has a 'Stillwell Drum Trigger' which converts audio drums to midi - so I'll give that a go later on.

If it works, I will be a very happy bunny indeed.  :D  I may be able to get back to being prolifically crap.  ;)

If anyone else uses Reaper, the one thing that drives me mental is that finding plugins can be a bloody nightmare.  For example, looking for EZ Drummer?  It isn't in the plugins as EZ Drummer.  It's listed as dfh sampler 16 out - took me ages to find it when I first installed the bloody thing!
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Oh... it turned everything into snare sounds.  *scratches head*