NVGD with a crappy pic...

What's Hot
TravisthedogTravisthedog Frets: 1849
edited November 2016 in Guitar
I don't have it yet but in a cross border deal of epic convoluted-ness, somewhere in Scotland, like a classic 80's yank Christmas movie, @drbob is carving his was through the snow with my new squeeze as I type. This man is a god amongst men who has spent the last 12 hours with a fat wad of my cash and as yet hasn't vanished off the face of the earth.

Im hoping he's got snow chains on as I don't want him plugging out in a bend and damaging my "year of birth" guitar

More details to follow........

here is the crap pic - purrty ain't she

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c239/jonny73/Mobile Uploads/A296AFAC-70FD-4F8A-8113-8AA31DA5885B_zpsqp3fotzq.jpeg
2reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    He's driving from Scotland to some remote south western hell hole with a guitar from the 1920's?

That's proper hard that is..
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    I don't want to worry you, young Travis, but I just got a text from Vegas off the lad asking if he can borrow his bus fair home as he put it all on red, but...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • cj73cj73 Frets: 1004
    I would post a pic of the weather in central Scotland right now but I wouldn't want to worry you.....  

Sounds like like an awesome tale though.  Fingers crossed and keep us posted 
  • It's all cool
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    What's truly amazing is that I managed to go into Guitarguitar whilst holding Trav's folding and came out with the wad intact.

I do however now want an Orange OR15 but that's not important right now...
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 'wad' is a very vague term here... i'm assuming it was a slightly smaller 'wad' once the OR15 was purchased??
    1979 Tokai TE-85
    1980 Tokai LS-80
    Much as I'm loathe to admit it as I'll never hear the end of his crowing, having played it I do quite like the NVGD in question...

@monoamine, regrettably such shreds of a conscience that remain held sway and I refrained from taxing said wad..

Am idly pondering selling the Budda and searching for a used OR15
    Ok so I was a bit harsh saying it was a 1920s guitar..

Is it a 2006 Harley Benton?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ok so I was a bit harsh saying it was a 1920s guitar..

Damn your good
    Ok so I was a bit harsh saying it was a 1920s guitar..

Damn your good
    It's a bit beaten up for a 2006 ;)

Nice Custom btw.. very very nice. I look forward to seeing some glamour shots 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Now this i admire.

EPIC journeys like this for the sake of the love of an old guitar is what makes some guitars special.

You're buying memories as well !

VHNVGD.

:)
  • Well

ive had my hands on the 74 tele custom for half a day and all is good in the hood.

unlike many 70's Fenders is actually quite light, I can't keep my beer money in the gaps on the neck pocket and it's quite resonant too.

Its one dress away from a refret but I knew that when I agreed to buy it.

the nut looks new and is sticky so I'll probably get my mate at Crimson Guitars to do that and the frets at the same time.

Plugged in? 
    Epic - the bridge Pick up is mentally good, probably best tele bridge I've heard. The neck WRHB is a bit muddy and woofy under drive but beautiful clean.

The paintwork is shot. Coming off in sort of square edged chunks like someone's been picking it round the edges but the main body is checked beautifully 

happy bunny right here

And you should all send @drbob free stuff for being such pillar of the community as he made the deal happen 
    Yay me !

yes, the weight, or rather absence of and the snug neck body join came as a bit of a surprise to me too !

like I said the paint is coming off in exactly the same way as my old guitar teachers sunburst 70s Strat did. I remember he used to pick at it whilst I was failing to grasp this weeks tune !
  • Nice score Congrats - '74 is the year of my birth so I know this Telecaster is a good 'un!

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3646
    See now I wouldn't have looked at that twice since I remember the thick poly, dodgy neck joint and nasty goop all over the maple fingerboard. (That despite owning a 76 strat!) Just shows we should judge each instrument in hand and not with our preconceived opinionated eyesight.

Happy guitar day.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1820
    Travis that's a stunner - a mighty fine purchase!
    On another note, have you got any gigs coming up on 23/24th November - I've got a work trip down to Dorchester :-)
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • @BigMonka ;

Thanks mate - we are playing a wedding on the 26th but thats it I'm afraid. 18th at the King Charles In Poole, but this time of year its all about the private parties and functions!
    You've got the same YOB as me - and I've been thinking about what to get as a YOB special.

I like that one a lot - but been eyeing up a 74 SG standard as well.. 

May at you have many happy hours widdling with your new vintage ;)
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2057
    @Travisthedog - you are 5 years younger than me and for that I hate you.  But you've had to inspect way more fish than me, for which I'm grateful.  

I like the ratty old Tele by the way.  

;) 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;)