NGD ish

What's Hot
doogz84doogz84 Frets: 206
My little sister gets married next year to my best mate (Yes, he should have known better, there are rules!)

And they're asked me to play a little bit of music as the guests are all arriving and being seated for the ceremony.

Naturally, this meant I need a new guitar. I have a few acoustic's lying about, but I only really play one, and it's a slightly beaten up old Concord with no pickup and super slinkys on it, that I play blues on.

So, off to the local music shop yesterday, I know one of the guys that works there because I used to play in a band with his girlfriends bit brother (tenous link, I know!)

Looking for some sort of single cut semi, without spending too much money.

Was kinda surprised they had one of these in the window, it's quite a small shop, stock isn't always great:

Did have a quick go on it, but not really what I was after, too big, big noise, bit too blingy for me too.

Ended up trying out one of these:

Alas, I'm a vain bugger, and I didn't like the finish, so they're ordering me one of these in:

And assuming there's nothing wrong with it when it shows up during the week, I'll pay the rest of the balance (left them a small deposit) and i'll be mine.

I have 3 acoustics lying around, all Fender, none particularly pricey models, but I was surprised at how well these seemed to be crafted, for the money I had to spend. Looking forward to it arriving.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Lez325Lez325 Frets: 95
    Very nice- and good luck with the Gig :) 

Les
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74489
    For a wedding gig you really should have bought the first one :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    Guitars aren't like hats. You don't need a new one for every wedding you go to.
     :) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • doogz84doogz84 Frets: 206
    My biggest concern now is that I scratch the back of it with my sporran. Don't think I've ever tried playing a guitar with a kilt on.

Just need to figure out what I'm going to play now. It's not until October. Friday the 13th actually. 

But do we really need excuses to buy new guitars?
  • ICBM said:
    For a wedding gig you really should have bought the first one :).
    Agree! Very cool!
  • close2uclose2u Frets: 997
    I would have recommended an Epiphone Masterbilt DR500MCE.
    Sub £400 now for an all solid wood electro acoustic. Great buys.
    Happy NGD though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I had the band version of your ibanez it was a truly brilliant instrument and unlike most acoustic basses sounded great, 
    Build quality was 2nd to none l. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    White one for me..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• doogz84doogz84 Frets: 206
    More love for the Gretsch than I was expecting!

I thought ICBM was kidding, but a couple of you have joined in!
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    doogz84 said:
    My biggest concern now is that I scratch the back of it with my sporran. Don't think I've ever tried playing a guitar with a kilt on.

Just need to figure out what I'm going to play now. It's not until October. Friday the 13th actually. 

But do we really need excuses to buy new guitars?
    Sporran rash? That's a new one on me..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    edited November 2016
    ICBM said:
    For a wedding gig you really should have bought the first one .

saywha 

HUGE +1 - that was the one I'd have gone for - white, gold, classy, perfect! - & the sound hole is almost heart-shaped too!  

Related image

Do you have no romance in you?! cbash - go back & change it ..right now!  D
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)