NPD. Some huge Canadian distortion

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Alright I've tweaked and tweaked but I'm still getting some bees-in-a-box at high gain settings. I am playing into a 65 DRRI, could it be the bright cap doing it?

Blackface fender plus standard distortion = unhappy. They've got tons of treble already - silver face have less of an issue, but still can be broken glass sounding. 

You can try things like rats and distortion pedals often used into fender amps that have a powerful treble control. I use a boss df-2 into my ac15 which is a very clear, middy and bright sound with not much bass and the bass from the pedal couple with rolling the tone back makes for a lovely overdrive. You may need to try some extreme settings to balance with the drri. 

I've never really thought much of them as a pedal platform amp beyond middy pedals like tubescreamers, which they quite like once the amp is also driven. That can get quite distorted, but not tight. 

You may find pedals with dual or three band eq work well, so you can dial the treble right down without losing tight bass. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom