Replacement tuners for 50's LP

What's Hot
richhrichh Frets: 460
I've got a '58 LP Special all original, and I'd like to see if I can get replacement tuners that would fit without drilling new holes.

The existing tuners do work fine, but I'd prefer to take them off and store them, so I could return it to stock if I ever want to sell.  Any suggestions on what to get and where to get from?

Thanks folks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    http://www.fake58.co.uk

Got a set for my 62 and they are super. Drop in fit and aged to perfection.

Really nice.
  • I'm a bit confused why you would want to take the originals off if they work fine? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Its these btw..
    I'm a bit confused why you would want to take the originals off if they work fine? 
    Good question - I replaced mine as one peg was slightly bent, and the buttons were starting to feel loose. The other reason might be that you get a higher gear ratio with new tuners compared to vintage for more accurate tuning.
  • richhrichh Frets: 460
    Thanks everybody, you're quick off the mark today!

Nowt wrong with the existing ones, but yes if there are ones that may hold tuning a bit more accurately that would be good.  It is something I play, so that's the main thing.  But as a moving part thing, if I take the existing tuners off now while still in good nick, I figure I can always put them back on again if I need to return it to original setup.