Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

NGD!

What's Hot
BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
edited December 2016 in Guitar
Well, it's been quite a ride the last few weeks, let's summarise shall we?

- Decide I want to play electric as well as acoustic
- Log on to this forum
- Spend a lot of money (for me)

A brief flirtation with an Ibanez and a Pacifica, but it was obvious I wasn't going to be happy until I had something in my hands that really inspired me. 

A case of 'right place at the right time' when browsing eBay listings led me to her...a 2013 Mexican Strat. OK so it's not a big deal to a lot of people I'm sure, but for me this is a huge deal! An actual Fender guitar! I'm not a collector or trader, this is my ONE (electric) guitar and will be played, and played and played! 

Described as 'like new' - I had my usual doubts (we've all been there on eBay!) but the guy wasn't kidding. I couldn't quite believe it when I arrived at his house to find a three year old guitar still with the plastic film on the pick guard and back plate! It's absolutely immaculate in every single way.

The sheer joy of going to buy a guitar 'used' and finding it hasn't been is something quite beautiful! And when you factor in the price, it's no wonder I've been beaming since I picked it up on Wednesday night. The chap bundled it with a few bits that I didn't want (amp, pedal etc) and now that I've sold those on, I've paid £185 for a brand new Fender Strat! Shove your Black Friday up your arse  :)

The funny thing is the colour is probably just about the last one I would have ever picked if I was walking into a guitar shop, but now it's mine I absolutely love it! The whole thing has given me a huge lift and a newfound determination to really kick off with my lessons and knuckle down, practice hard and become a better player. That's what finding 'your' instrument is all about.

Shame it's such a miserable day as I waited until the weekend to get some shots with natural light, and I might as well have taken them in the dark! 

0reaction image LOL 16reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments