Godin Summit Classic CT Convertible - this seems to be a really versatile & great sounding guitar!

What's Hot
VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4959
I love the concept of combining single coil, P90, and h/bucker pick-ups.  Vox tried this on some of their guitars but I didn't think the different tones were that great.  On this, they sound really good!  See what you think:

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 32371
    Aren't they just Duncan P-Rails?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4959
    Wasn't familiar with P Rails but yes, looks like them.
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    I built a Strat for someone with 2 p-rails in. Although a versatile range of tones, it was neither fish nor foul to be honest...
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    I thought he played a couple of notes sharp and one was definitely flat.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I think I'd still like to try those pups. Could be very convenient to have those tones in one guitar and save changing guitars at gigs, rehearsals. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    edited December 2016
    Voxman said:
    I think I'd still like to try those pups. Could be very convenient to have those tones in one guitar and save changing guitars at gigs, rehearsals. 
    Yes and no - they do a good impression, but they aren't true single coil sounds, or true p90 sounds - well, okay they are, but there is something missing from them. 

You know that Variax thing where it doesn't feel right having a tele sound in a non-tele body shape? Yeah, that..
    Sassafras said:
    I thought he played a couple of notes sharp and one was definitely flat.
    Lol!   :) Yeah, I think there are folk here who I'm sure can do better or who will delight in posting a vid of someone who's able to play professional rock solos.  :#
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 32371
    I built a Strat for someone with 2 p-rails in. Although a versatile range of tones, it was neither fish nor foul to be honest...
    That was my experience too, though it was certainly giggable. 

I'd rather compromise a quite a lot on my least-used sound and not at all on the other than compromise a bit on everything. 
  • RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    The P-rails are good pickups, but they do have a more modern voicing to them.  I had one in the neck position of a Tele for a bit and it sounded really good, a lot of tonal options available with a mini switch to easily access the three different options.