NGD: Fender Japan FSR 50s Tele Special

ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2085
edited December 2016 in Guitar
Been a very long time since I bought a brand new guitar but this is the first one in a long time that sang to me in the shop. Just today, in fact.  

I've been wanting a Tele with a neck humbucker for ages but have never come across one that I liked. This is in my favourite Tele finish and, although the bridge is wrong (before anyone calls out!!), that's easily fixed if I want to.  Pickups are Fender Japan own and sound great - bridge is spikey and classic, neck is warm and raunchy with gain. Neck is standard Fender C, a decent handful but no baseball bat and it's vintage radius / vintage frets. The frets must be superbly level, because I've dropped the action to pretty much my usual string height, and there's no choking. It's certainly not low, but its easy to play.

Anyway, tonight, Matthew, I shall be Keith Richards.  And I've no idea why the pics are sideways - I'll fix later.

https://c6.staticflickr.com/1/405/31458783661_0898220b09_o.jpg

https://c5.staticflickr.com/1/728/30733363364_7f858cca50_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/490/31428067232_eebbe42565_o.jpg

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ParkerParker Frets: 961
    Funnily enough I fancied one of these too. Tried one last night in PMT, but was a little disappointed on the resonance. Sounds like you're happy with yours though - goes to show every guitar is different!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    Lovely.

i love jap Fender stuff. I should never have sold my jap Precision. :(

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2085
    @Parker That's a shame. This is quite a light Tele and seems fairly resonant to me, but more importantly for me is that it sings through the amp. I imagine, like most guitars, you sometimes get a dog and sometime strike lucky.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Really nice!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• ParkerParker Frets: 961
    Yeah. Pleased you've found a good one. I may try another but lusting after something different now though. Enjoy!
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
     Very nice Chuff you still rocking the junior in your profile pic? 
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2085
    No, mate. The Junior was sold earlier today. It was a fantastic guitar but no matter how responsive one pickup is, to be honest when the bulk of your playing is at home - you don't really get the chance to crank the amp and control everything from the volume pot.
    Didn't plan on buying anything today but couldn't pass this one up. I'm worth it.