Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3129
    Inspired by the "favourite Stones track" thread this week I've been listening to their run of albums from Beggars Banquet to Goat's Head Soup. Amazingly, I've never listened to them in sequence before but blimey, it's an incredible sustained run of brilliance.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Today, and yesterday I've mostly been listening to The Sword - High Country

I watched the "Captain meets Ken Haas" video from Andertons yesterday and he mentioned them in that video, so thought I'd check them out and I really like this album now!
    This is an interesting album in that it's not quite as heavy as some of their previous efforts... If you want to hear them at their best you need to check out the albums Warp Riders and Apocryphon. However, their early stuff (Gods of the Earth and Age of Winters) are also great albums though. 

I haven't had a chance to listen to Low Country, which is the acoustic re-recording of High Country, but I will when I get chance because I can imagine that'd be an interesting re-working!
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have been mostly listening to...

Poison "Open Up & Say Ahh...", and Tesla "Mechanical Resonance"

Two fabulous albums. :) 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4153
    edited January 2017
    New EP from Taylor Hawkins 'Kota'. I liked his Coattail Rider era so this is right up my street.
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 670
    Tom Waits - Mule Variations
  • The new Big Wreck single "A Speedy Recovery" has been on repeat. 
    As has Thunder's back catalog given that their new album drops soon. 
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2491
    From my Spotify release radar thingy 

Never heard of them before but getting into it. I can hear shades of all sorts in there but Nine Inch Nails seems to have had some sort of influence. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• valevale Frets: 1052
    edited January 2017

hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30114
    Spotify Discover Weekly is on a Brian-Eno-ripoff thing at the moment, but Daily Mix threw this up. I did not anticipate liking any Sikth but this is groovy.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1101
    Freddy King - Burglar.

so dope. 
  • The new KXM song "Scatterbrain" is pretty sick! KXM is Dug Pinnick (King's X), George Lynch and Ray Luzier (KoRn)... so the musical talent is already stacked high... I was pretty impressed. I quite liked their first album, but this is next level already! 

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3416
    edited January 2017
    The new Horse Thief album, released yesterday. They're kind of guitar-pop Americana without the sacherine. Saw them supporting Midlake a few years back and have followed them ever since -they're a good band for when driving.

https://www.horsethiefokc.com/
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24994
    @Octahedron   I wasn't liking that to begin with, but it could grow on me.  I loved King's X and Dokken/Lunch Mob for many years, but their recent (i.e. last 10 or 15 years!) stuff has kind of passed me by.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    Dyke and the blazers and some numero group compilations 
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3000
    edited January 2017
    I'm heavily back on the Wolf Alice album. Love it. Need more stuff like it so i don't overplay and ruin it for myself.
  • Stumbled across a reference to Mr Big the other day a band I used to like as a teenager when I started playing guitar. Decided to order a copy of Lean into it and Bump ahead from amazon marketplace for pennies, been listing this week in the car during my commute. Some top riffs and musicianship, sounds dated now but still eminently enjoyable.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • eganeegane Frets: 6
    edited January 2017
    A lot of Soulsavers recently - especially this fine tune...

Some Misunderstanding (feat Mark Lanegan)

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3129
    Inspired by the "New Ryan Adams" thread I've been going back through "Love is Hell". I can't quite comprehend how much I love the guy. This song is supposedly inspired by the movie "Beetlejuice"! :)

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    This morning, I have been having a bit of a Kosmischer Laufer morning

• ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 897
    edited February 2017
    Got some vinyl out the loft today and slapped this on. For lack of any other description, can't  believe how shit this is. I blame a Lynn turntable rep for insisting I should get into it 20 odd years ago.