Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    Having only known about them for about a year and saving 2 albums to my phone months ago, reading the threads on here and seeing YouTube clips... I finally listened to Big Wreck today. Bloody Hell. The two latest albums (only ones I've listened to so far) are absolutely amazing.

There's so many wee influences in there... but I hear a grown-up Soundgarden (but better?) and some Pick Floyd sort of stuf going on. These guys are going to be on heavy rotation for the next few weeks I think.

Andy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • whoa - 

• ReverendReverend Frets: 5406
    Philly_Q said:
    @Reverend ;  I really like it, but after four or five plays it was already starting to feel a bit over-familiar.  I'm definitely interested to hear the album!  By the way, I think I was listening to one of your band the other day.  Age of Taurus?
    Yep, that's me. start rehearsing the second album in April. We have a new bass player now as well.

• Still a great record. I'm rotating this with the new Ryan Adams one. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Brief discussion with @mike_l on bookface the other day reminded me that I haven't listened to Queensryche Operation: Mindcrime for years.....so gave that a spin this morning in the car, and jolly good it is too.

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4491
    Ride - Leave Them All Behind

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • More Besnard Lakes. I'm massively into them at the moment.
    This foundation of this song was recorded live with three drummers, three bass players, three guitarists and three tambourines.

My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24996
    Reverend said:
    Philly_Q said:
    @Reverend ;  I really like it, but after four or five plays it was already starting to feel a bit over-familiar.  I'm definitely interested to hear the album!  By the way, I think I was listening to one of your band the other day.  Age of Taurus?
    Yep, that's me. start rehearsing the second album in April. We have a new bass player now as well.
    I look forwatd to hearing it!
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    Hmmm.

I listened to the new Eric Gales album this morning that was released today, after reading a lot about how good it was and the glowing 5 star review from Total Guitar I'd been really looking forward to it... but, I found it a bit hit and miss. It's good but there's some bits I just found weren't my thing. The older stuff I was listening to earlier this week seems much more raw and dynamic. Worth a listen, but I'll not be buying it.
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5406
    Philly_Q said:
    Reverend said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I look forwatd to hearing it!
    Cheers :)

Start an album with Brule next week. fully analogue studio, recording to 2" tape. 

• whoa - 

Apparently the vaults are full of Prince songs with extended solos, he would play them like that but felt they were commercially a bad idea so would only release the edits. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 361
    Holy Ghost by Marc Ford. Perfect Sunday morning music from one of my favourite guitarists.
  • cbilly22cbilly22 Frets: 361
    cbilly22 said:
    Holy Ghost by Marc Ford. Perfect Sunday morning music from one of my favourite guitarists.
    Which led me to revisit these chaps and this performance. They really were something special a lot of the time.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434

This.

On repeat

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16654
    When not listening to French stuff Rock On by David Essex. Produced by Jeff Wayne back in 1973 it has, I think, a dub reggae influence plus this weird synth (?) orchestra thing . Amazing little record.

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4153
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1101
    Albert King - Talkin Blues.

think I prefer this to 'Live Wire' to be honest. Killer playing, obviously. Brilliant when he gives the soundman a talking too lol
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Avril Lavigne's first album.

Her first two albums were great and then she turned into an overproduced sellout pop princess with a wannabe/punk image who just fails to strike up any interest.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16654

This. Wisdom point available for why I might be listening to this on a Thursday evening. 
  • whoa - 

Apparently the vaults are full of Prince songs with extended solos, he would play them like that but felt they were commercially a bad idea so would only release the edits. 
    Really? I wonder what we'll get to hear......

Generally speaking long guitar solos leave me cold, but I find his playing so expressive that they really draw me in