Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    The Hoover. Goddam chores :/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4153
    Drive by truckers. Had their first album and kind of forget about them. This 2016 stuff is great:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 3000
    The Mars Volta - Bedlam In Goliath. It's just nuts.
    Revisited The Bronx today. Forgot how much I love this band

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4153
    TTBZ said:
    Saw them supporting RHCP. They were the better act on the night.
  • ZoolooterZoolooter Frets: 897
  • dtrdtr Frets: 1037
  • Reading Writing and Arithmetic by The Sundays, 'Can't Be Sure' is just beautiful
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • andypandyp Frets: 332
    edited March 2017
    My mate recommended a German radio station to me the other day, turns out he was right... it's brilliant if you're my sort of age as it plays all the stuff I grew up with through my teens. It's called Rock Antenne Alternative. Anyway... they played Little Things by Bush the other day and that prompted me to dig up the Sixteen Stone album on Apple Music.

I had a double CD version of this in my teens that I listened to more times than I could count. A while back (maybe 10 years now) I loaned it to my brother who flipped his car into a field with my precious CD in the car. He wrote the car off and the CDs within were lost to the wildlife of Aberdeenshire. I've not heard a single Bush track in that intervening time and who knows how long before that crash it was since I last listened to it... maybe 5 years. So, the point of this long drawn out backstory is that today I put said album on at work and I still remember every single bit of it from 12-15 years ago. It's amazing how music sticks with you over such a long time.

I still like it, but it's quite "of its time" in a way. It transported me straight back to being 15 or 16 when it came out. I've tried to explain to people how music can do this (notably Mrs. P) and they just don't get it somehow.

(For the record, I never quite got on with any of their other stuff, but this one is an absolute classic for me that I now need to buy again).
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I'm just so cool I've been listening to the newly released T'Pau box set.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13365

I've been Hip-Hoppin' today.

Mos Def, Gang Starr, Tribe Called Quest, Talib Kweli, Nas. 

Good times.  

• rprrpr Frets: 316

• lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1941

My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24995
    Been one of my favourite albums for the last 30 years - but listened to it in full for the first time in years today. It's utterly timeless:

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4099
    edited April 2017
    Echo & The Bunnymen
    The Fountain.
    Which has been sitting on my drive for nearly 8 years unplayed.
    And it's my favourite thing they've ever done. 

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24995
    Grunfeld said:

Which has been sitting on my drive for nearly 8 years unplayed.

Amazed it still works, you must have run over it loads of times.
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1375
    Deadman said:
    Drive by truckers. Had their first album and kind of forget about them. This 2016 stuff is great:

Excellent Album. I particularly love the opening track "Ramon Casiano", and "Sun Don't Shine" makes uncomfortable sense after you read the liner notes.
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    TTBZ said:
    Isn't it?! @TTBZ I of course stole my username from The Mars Volta, the title of one of their albums. ;) 

But that's just because I felt it sounded cool. It's also my favourite TMV. But I wouldn't say TMV are one of my favourite bands. That album, The Bedlam in Goliath, I think you really have to be in a certain kind of mood to listen to it because when I listen to it I feel like my head is going to explode sometimes! It's too intense and just... like, it comes rushing out of the gate like a bull. It smashes you in the senses right from the second you press play. There's no intro, nothing, just a smack in the face. Crazy. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
    Haha yeah that's why I love it. I think deloused is still my favourite but I've not had a chance to listen to all their albums yet! I went off this sort of thing for a long time then when I looked again they had a lot of albums, not sure where to start haha 
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    TTBZ said:
    Haha yeah that's why I love it. I think deloused is still my favourite but I've not had a chance to listen to all their albums yet! I went off this sort of thing for a long time then when I looked again they had a lot of albums, not sure where to start haha 
    De-loused was good. Frances the Mute was good. Bedlam is just nuts. Amputecture I found to be too mellow. Same with Noctourniquet. Neither of those two did. Octahedron is my favourite because it's got a bit of the crazy but it's quite progressive, I dunno, I just feel like if they tried to write songs for Led Zepp - the epics, then this is what they'd sound like! 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/