Goddamn Commies

What's Hot
Cool article from premier guitar on some of eastern europes more outlandish guitars.

http://www.premierguitar.com/articles/24921-russian-guitars-beasts-from-the-east?page=1&utm_campaign=PGN+-+122016&utm_medium=email&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_term=PG+Weekly

I'd quite like some of these I think.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    All that article has done is increase my GAS for a vintage Yamaha SG
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • the formanta solo, looks a winner though
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    @timhulio has some nice examples iirc.. As for @HarrySeven ;

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    I worked on one of those red sparkle Ural 650s a couple of years ago. It was a lot of work, but it turned out quite playable and sounded decent… as long as you're not comparing either of those things to a Strat. The biggest problems were the uneven fretting and the wobbly neck joint, but I sorted them out OK. I left the electrics stock apart from the jack.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1316
    tFB Trader
    Yep, that article is just about Russian guitars. Slightly closer to home, also in terms of refinement and playability, you get stuff like Jolana from the former Czechoslovakia, Musima and Migma from East Germany, and Defil from Poland. Although I've had others in the past, I now own a couple of Musima Elgitas, one of which is probably the guitar I play most. That said, the particular guitar is a bit of a cheat as it has a replacement neck made by a luthier friend with the profile of my AVRI Jazzmaster. The stock necks are chunkier!

The one on the left is in much better shape now, but it does need a refret.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    edited December 2016
  • Do communist guitars come as lefties?
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom