Oooh Sparkly!

What's Hot
stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5424
edited December 2016 in Guitar
Bored with Christmas shopping I decided to stop off at my local Guitars'R'Us, I've had a hankering for a Fender with humbuckers recently & thought I'd try a few.
I looked at Blacktop Jazzmasters, Tele deluxe, Duo Sonic... All good instruments, but a bit, well, serious. Then I noticed these:
http://www.bonnersmusic.co.uk/images/_lib/squier-affinity-strat-hh-fsr-candy-blue-sparkle-guitar-15013120-0-1473949798000.jpg

Although how on earth I didn't spot them from the door of the shop I have no idea. I had to try one!
Really light, Resonant, fun to play and above all else they look great.  
The hardware seemed a bit cheap and cheerful, but for under £200 new I must admit I was impressed. Perfect for a first guitar or something to have fun with. Could this be a new modding project?- new tuners for sure (they seemed pretty rubbish) maybe upgrade other bits as you go... See I'm already considering buying the damn thing!
the quality of Squier Affinity guitars has really come on since I last tried one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 30210
    Those black/cream pickups look awful on them, but the general idea is most appealing.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • you need sparkle?you need Humbuckers ?  look no further than THIS ! 

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/91524/fender-super-sparkley-blue-loveliness-f-s-350

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    I bought a cheap pack of gold glitter Christmas cards this year. I've been hoovering and sweeping the floors and furniture and picking glitter off my skin for the past week or so. It's been a nightmare.
    I hope those Fenders aren't the same.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    I like 'em, I saw one of the green ones recently. I even like the zebra pattern humbuckers.  (I feel ashamed just writing this.)
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Fender should make little miniature ones, so you can hang them from your Christmas tree.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    proggy said:
    Fender should make little miniature ones, so you can hang them from your Christmas tree.

I'd certainly buy some of those, even being a complete Grinch...
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    Black hardware is a strange choice for a sparkly finish.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25567
    I always wanted one of these

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I don't think I like sparkly guitars.. :#
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• MossMoss Frets: 2409
    I was very close to buying a pink one a couple of months back

Love the matching headstock decals
    Stop crying, start buying
  • I admit to having previous on the sparkly guitar front, my first "real" guitar was one of these: 
    http://images.equipboard.com/uploads/item/image/6519/epiphone-les-paul-silver-sparkle-xl.jpg?v=1468446491

I dunno whether I'll pull the trigger, I think a better long term solution would be something like a FMT, Deluxe or similar. They are fun though & there's a lot to be said for fun guitars.