Axesrus Pickups ? reviews/comments ?

What's Hot
Hey guys ! Happy holidays :) I am lookin' for some cheaper pickups for my next strat build project (ash body w maple neck/rosewood fb.)
The last set I got, was from a Texan winder called "C.M Daugherty Pickups". Absolutely amazing pickups (I got his SRV 59's) but pricey. A set is 122 GBP. If you wanna hear them in action go to "04:19"

Was lookin' at the Axesrus pickups today and found their "Texas Blues" pickups which is 60 GBP per set.   
Between the CMD's and the Axesrus the concept is pretty much the same:
- Alnico V mags
- Aim for SRV/TEX style tones
- Almost same resistance. The Axesrus' got a little more than the CMD's.

Was wondering if any of you guys got experience with Axesrus pickups compared to more expensive pickups, such as Fender, Fralin and custom build. 

Kind Regards 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    They are quite good for the money but nothing special.

Oil City are much better for not a huge amount more cash.
  • mojo pickups for the win
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2648
    tFB Trader

I like AxesRus pickups..  I have used them in a few builds.... Heres a demo

I also got a very similar set made by Vanson (from Ebay)..  I was pretty impressed with those too

• Thanks guys ! had no idea about all these UK winders ! Think I will look at the Oil City Vintage hot pickups ! 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3222
    edited December 2016
    Iron hear have a good reputation for "budget" pickups, their "Pig Iron" Strat pickups are a bit polite and don't drive much, but you can get them overwound as well which are very nice.....very much worth a butchers.....around £66a set of three

I did a side by side comparison a while back between Bare Knuckle Mothers Milks and Iron Gear Pig Irons recorded clean on th'Ipad
    My son who has played for years and my partner both thought the Iron Gears sounded better, I don't but it's close......

http://www.irongear.co.uk/irongear_pickups_020.htm

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll