NGD Hamer Chap

bassborabassbora Frets: 133
edited December 2016 in Guitar
I have finally gone round to posting this.  I am a gigging bass player but I do play guitar at home and when doing so I love rocking out.  I have always wanted a superstrat with a pointy head stock and I finally made that dream come true.  You can guys my age since my favorite guitar players are Vernon Reid from Living Colour, Scotti Hill From Skid Row and Paul Gilbert from Mr Big.  I do actually only listen to the rhythm work and not solos.  Anyway I thought Hamer Chaparral was the coolest looking guitars ever with the pointy head stock, boomerang inlays and often crazy finishes.  

And now I finally got one.  It was missing the pickups (they came included but I had to install them) and it was great fun to do that.  I changed out the Bill Lawrence bridge pickup for a SD TB6.  This guitar must be around 25 years old but boy this it play well.  The neck is super comfortable and shredding comes naturally.  This guitar almost plays itself.  And sound wise it is brilliant.  I am playing it through Wampler Triple Wreck and it just comes to life and screams.  

I totally understand that this guitar is not to everyone's taste but this just ticks every single box for me.  Thank you so much Paul (@monkeychunki12).

http://imgur.com/A2U1xKq

http://imgur.com/y1EeJNP

http://imgur.com/IYFRJ3D

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pics not working
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bassborabassbora Frets: 133
    Crap I can see them both on a mobile and pc. I will try and sort later on. Not very good at this 
    I have added links to pics for anyone interested.
  • great guitar - officially jealous

• Very nice
  • Probably gonna regret selling it.... I had that guitar for 18yrs, purchased it from a 2nd hand store in Bournemouth without any idea what it was. I bought it because it looked cool and years later found out that it was a decent guitar, it's been stored away for the last couple of years so it makes sense to let it go to someone that will appreciate it. 

enjoy it!
  • SteffoSteffo Frets: 577
    Holy cow, that's a beauty! Congrats.
  • BGGBGG Frets: 703
    Love it !! Congrats !!

My mate had a red one in the 80's it was a beauty, I always wanted the tele one.
    #thebatesmotelband
    Thanks guys and again thank you so much for selling me the guitar @monkeychunki12. The neck on this guitar is just brilliant and one of the big surprises is how versatile it is. It can be very subtle to angry and aggressive. I guess it has so much to do with the variety of pickups. I so enjoyed installing the pickups and setting up the guitar I am dying to get a beat up shredder to experiment with. 
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2934
    Looks awesome. Enjoy :)