SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Wudtone US conversion Trem - SOLD

impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
edited January 2017 in Parts £
This will convert a US Standard 2 post trem to the Holy Grail 6 screw trem.

Its not a full conversion - as you'll need some saddles and a trem arm tip.

What you are buying is a Wudtone Holy Grail top plate, shim and the special screws (including the conversion inserts etc).

Its bolted to a US Standard bridge block and comes with a trem arm to suit. I'd suggest upgrading this to a cold rolled steel block with a nylon sleeved arm. But this block will work.

Issues:
The trem arm hole wasn't in the right place so I had to open it up with a file. Therefore the hole is a bit elongated and isn't as neat as it should be.

When I removed it from my US Standard Strat to sell it, one of the inserts stuck in the trem anchor. Therefore I pulled the anchor out and replaced it - to install this you'll need to either find a way of taking the insert out of the anchor or (much simpler) remove the anchor from your guitar and push this one in.

Wudtone have all the instructions for installation on their website.

These cost quite a lot but I'm aware that there are some issues with this - so I'll let it go cheap... £35 delivered.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    Bump - offers welcome.

New Year bump

edited January 2017
    Nobody want a cheap Wudtone, then? You could swap out the conversion screws and it would work as a trem for a regular 6-screw strat...