SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Bearfoot Pale Green Compressor - SORTED +++

ricky50ricky50 Frets: 164
edited January 2017 in FX £
Anyone got one you'd like to move on.  Version 1 if possible - will consider other versions but not the Evergreen.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10087
    Mate, the Evergreen is the one you want... it covers the Pale Green territory and adds more.
  • handsomerikhandsomerik Frets: 1009
    edited January 2017
    If you change your mind about the evergreen I have Wazmeister's old one. It seems pretty versatile to me though I rarely use compression. The only thing is that for some reason the tone knob doesn't seem to have any noticeable effect.
    Its sounds very natural and useable wherever it's set though and I never feel the need to adjust it. If it is a fault it may be fixable for someone who knows what to do. Due to this possible fault I'd only want £70 for it including delivery. (Apart from the tone knob which has little to no effect the rest of the knobs and pedal all works fine.)
  • ricky50ricky50 Frets: 164
    Ok guys - you've got me thinking.  The reason I wanted the PGC was that I want a totally silent transparent tone enhancer with only a tiny amount of squish that I can leave on all the time.  From what I understand the Evergreen is more compressy and probably not silent at most levels with a bit of background hiss.  I can still see the value of the Evergreen for more in your face compression and sustain territory.  Tell me if you think it can do what I want as well - especially the silent bit with no hiss.
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1580
    edited January 2017
    I'm a PGC user myself and love it's subtle tone enhancing nature. Seen this comparison?  

https://youtu.be/pSQi2ImszK0
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10087
    ricky50 said:
    Ok guys - you've got me thinking.  The reason I wanted the PGC was that I want a totally silent transparent tone enhancer with only a tiny amount of squish that I can leave on all the time.  From what I understand the Evergreen is more compressy and probably not silent at most levels with a bit of background hiss.  I can still see the value of the Evergreen for more in your face compression and sustain territory.  Tell me if you think it can do what I want as well - especially the silent bit with no hiss.
    Ricky, mine was silent.

Not trying to 'big myself up' here, but I ran the Bearfoot Tourboxes here, and took part in the European ones from TGP...

ALL compressors can add a bit of noise at extreme levels, but the PGC was a bit too limited and neutral, if that makes sense... i owned two and moved them on straight away...

The Evergreen is a very versatile pedal. @handsomerik is a give away at that price...
    Thanks to all for your input here - you've been really helpful.  I'll give it a go - will PM you @handsomerik ;
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 8062
    If its leave on all the time then thats a great pedal to do so. 
    Pedal arrived today from @handsomerik. Does exactly what you all said - totally silent - works great as an always on tone enhancer and loads of non hissy compression and sustain if needed.  Couldn't be better. Great performance from the forum here.  Thanks to all again.