Revelation Guitars

What's Hot
stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5424
edited January 2017 in Guitar
Anyone heard of them? Tried one? 
I'm looking for a Bass VI and have been offered a Revelation rjt 60b as an alternative to the Squier I was after- it looks interesting... But I've just never heard of em.

It appears that they have Alan Entwhistle associated with them in a similar manner to Trev Wilkinson at Vintage. 

Here's a video featuring the one I've been offered.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Played a couple in a shop. Played pretty good for the money. 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• Played a couple in a shop. Played pretty good for the money. 
    "Played pretty good" is encouraging... "For the money" always worries me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1649
    They are good guitars, easily as good as a Vintage. They also have some interesting models like the RJT-DLX and the RFT-DLX. 
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3897
    They look pretty naff tbh. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Look like they need a rev counter!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    They do make this cool Jazzmaster:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I played their version of a thinline Tele last year - seemed nice enough, as long as you remembered you weren't actually playing a late 60s Fender...
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30358
    Hipster alert!!!

Apart from the block inlays, they look nice.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6318
    I tried their Les Paul Recording Bass but returned it as being too heavy. It was well made, using good quality materials but too weighty for me.
  • mixolydmixolyd Frets: 826
    Some of their models like the Jazzmasters and Thinline Teles are dead ringers for Harley Bentons that go for around £100 less. HB have a rep for poor setup and frets so maybe that's where some of the money goes.

Why none of these rebadgers of whatever Chinese factory it is that churns these out doesn't do a normal Jazzmaster with the right trem I have no idea.
  •  I have two - a thinline tele and the Jazzmaster 12 string. Shortly buying the thinline Jazzmaster and will get one of the new acoustics when out later this year.  Both purchased from the excellent Badlands in Brighton.Easily as good as a wells et up Squier and tbh really good sounding,playable guitars.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8122
    Never liked the headstocks, TBH... :(

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5424
    edited January 2017
    Thanks for the comments folks. I found a Squier VI for only slightly more than the price of the Revelation, So I'm going with that- I know I can get parts/upgrades for the Squier VI. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    I have th e RVJT (as above Jazzmaster in purple) and a Vox Teardrop copy. For the money they are amazing but need a trip
    to a luthier to get the most of out them, 
  • I'd never come across them before.

This thread has been a revelation to me....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    They're not bad. I love the purple JM - they do a 12-string JM but not in that colour. If there was a purple 12-string model I would buy one, I think.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    redwedge said:
     I have two - a thinline tele and the Jazzmaster 12 string. Shortly buying the thinline Jazzmaster and will get one of the new acoustics when out later this year.  Both purchased from the excellent Badlands in Brighton.Easily as good as a wells et up Squier and tbh really good sounding,playable guitars.
    tangental, but i only do gak & a couple of tiny shops in the lanes when i'm in btn. do badlands keep many vintage & secondhand guitars? that end of town is duke of yorks pics and not much else to me.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
  • tangental, but i only do gak & a couple of tiny shops in the lanes when i'm in btn. do badlands keep many vintage & secondhand guitars? that end of town is duke of yorks pics and not much else to me.
    Have a look at their website https://www.badlandsguitars.co.uk/ to give you an idea of what they have. Also join their page on Facebook if you're on there as they often put interesting guitars and other equipment up on there before it goes on their website. They do get the odd interesting guitar in and do a lot of second hand stuff. Definitely worth a look in if you are in Brighton, and they're nice people.