SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Vintage 2x12 Cab & Celestion Speakers [price drop] / Wienbrock ME-3 20w Head [sold]

AxeWieldingBastardAxeWieldingBastard Frets: 157
edited April 2018 in Amps £

*SAI 
18mm ply closed back cab.

Loaded with a pair of vintage Celestion Greenbacks [Pulsonic '3' stamped cones, 8 Ohm speakers wired parallel to a 4 Ohm load].  

The cab is made from thick, heavy 40 year old ply and weighs a tonne even unloaded. The speakers are basically pre-rolas with the later labels.

£250 £150.00 [Collection from North London].

- pics below

*Wienbrock ME-3 head.

Boutique, hand wired cab built by Rob Wienbrock in Sheffield, Yorkshire.

I believe the design is based on a Tweed Deluxe, but with the intention of providing higher headroom than the original [Im no expert when it comes to vintage amps, so if someone has more info on this model they wish to share then please do].

The amp is officially rated at 19watts, however I was told by Rob that the 19 watt rating was actually a "conservative estimate". It has no master volume, although it does have two different volume controls for "Bright" & "Normal" [instead of two separate inputs], to allow the signals can be blended together if desired. A standard tone control for the top end and a "vintage/ modern" toggle switch to control the mids. 

The power amp is currently loaded with a pair of 6L6's.

Edit* The face plate is for an ME3-Pro; however I was told that this was fitted to the amp at the original owners request as Rob didn't have any standard ME3 plates in at the time. The amp is actually an ME3 'standard'. There is a rear plate on the head which displays the amps 19 watt rating.*

To my knowledge Wienbrock amps went out of business a few years ago, however there is some info about them on this forum and on youtube [I've posted a promo video below from when Wienbrock was still in business]. 

£450 [Collection from North London]
 SOLD

- pics below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMnOKTb_XG0

Also got some pedals for sale here:

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/92111/fs-barbershop-millennium-unpleasant-surprise-boss-rc-3-lumpys-tone-shop-class-a-price-drops#latest
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments