Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Today's Trumpy Tantrum

What's Hot

Comments

• he has a huge pampered ego and a tiny cock.
    wont be long till the shit hits the fan.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just got around to actually watching his inauguration speech. Fuck me, what a colossal piece of nonsense that was.

So yes, let's leave him alone to burn himself to the ground, because there's no way he can deliver on anything he's just promised.

Popcorn time!

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • he has a huge pampered ego and a tiny cock.
    wont be long till the shit hits the fan.
    That's true of half of the thread participants too. 

Me? Huge ego, even bigger cock. 

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    edited January 2017
    trump,brexit,tory
    the iq scale
    theres a shit load of selfish and gullible idiots on earth
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74391
    Stevepage said:

He's a childish buffoon with an over inflated ego that should never have been put forward as a candidate. I struggle to understand why people can't/couldn't see that.
    He wasn't - he chose to himself. He never had the support of the Republican Party, who are well aware of the threat he poses to it at the same time as he needs it to get his programme through... but they have no option other than to support him. They just can't decide whether they think they can control him or not.

Fretwired said:

Obama lead to Trump and Trump's biggest lie, and what started his climb to the top, was about Obama.
    But worse - and one of Obama's mistakes, I think - was to publicly humiliate Trump about it at the Press dinner. He was very funny, and Trump looked furious - while trying to appear good-humoured - but it wouldn't surprise me if the exact moment Trump decided to run for President was at some point during that. He's had the last laugh, in the end.

Fretwired said:

.. if Trump's a successful president we should worry about the America he creates. He might look like a buffoon, but it's the people behind the scenes pulling his strings you should worry about. They are all wealthy and white.
    Exactly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Trump may turn to out to be a good president despite his personal flaws. 
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • valevale Frets: 1052
    edited January 2017
    ICBM said:
    Fretwired said:

And go check out JFK's biography. Besides the usual booze, prostitutes and links to the mafia he nearly wiped out the world in an afternoon, but you wouldn't know it from the way he's revered. 
    He also got America into Vietnam (contrary to the nonsense Oliver Stone perpetrated), authorised the Bay Of Pigs invasion which both cemented Castro's regime and probably tipped him further into repressive dictatorship even before the Missile Crisis, put nuclear missiles into Turkey to threaten Russia - which is what actually caused the Missile Crisis (again incorrectly blamed on Castro and the Soviets) - and failed to make much progress on civil rights, despite being credited for it - it was Eisenhower who laid the groundwork and Johnson who followed it through.

So a disastrous presidency, really. But he had the good historical fortune to be assassinated, so the legend remains even through the truth is rather different. Ironically, Nixon was actually a much better President.

I genuinely hope no-one tries to kill Trump. I dislike him intensely as a person - due to his behaviour in Scotland, mostly - and I think he could prove quite dangerous on the world stage, but it would be even worse for him to be assassinated… and not just because Pence would become President.
    a lot of wisdom here. & for all obama's big words a lot of it applies to him too. he promised a lot but delivered not half as much as he could had he really wanted to break with precedent.
    US (overt forces, covert forces, CIA, blackwater et al) still fucking around in the middle east & south america, proxy wars & bankrolling any armed militia (those that would be branded terrorists were they to seek to do the same on US soil) who challenge a legitimate democratically-elected govt that won't bow before US corporate imperialist will.

news like this
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/22/israel-reveals-plans-for-nearly-600-settlement-homes-in-east-jerusalem
    don't inspire faith that trump will behave more responsibly that his predecessors. so probability is that terrorist attacks worldwide will increase as a consequence (UK turning from EU & towards US favour, thanks to brexshit, will inevitably aggravate that).
    news like this makes that intention clear.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/15/uk-snubs-middle-east-peace-summit-in-paris-to-keep-trump-onside

on the terrorism note, i suspect icbm is a nicer person than me.
    i would far rather read about any swivel-eyed CIA-lovin' republican cowboy getting hit (or any tory cheering him on) than read about another innocent palestinian or israeli kid getting caught in the crossfire when frustrated palestinian extremists respond to aggressive provocation in the only way they have left. if the US & UK won't behave humanely & the UN won't sanction the US & UK for cheerleading these flagrant israeli abuses of settlement policy.

i don't support retaliatory palestinian terrorism. nor do i support US corporate imperial terrorism, for that is what it is. my wish is for all parties to take steps to de-escalate tensions.
    i think that is the wish of most of the planet, outside the toxic bubble of US/UK power politics.
    the US & UK not taking that agenda seriously will invite negative consequences from all they betray.
    hofner hussie & hayman harpie. what she said...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    scrumhalf said:
    Hmmm.

Press attack Trump. Legitimate criticism.

Trump attacks press. Not legitimate criticism.

Strange.
    Press attack Trump with facts and photographic evidence (for example, the Metro stats are pretty straight down the line, pun intended). 

Trump and Spicer attack press with figures more twisted than alphabetti spaghetti and garbled abuse. 
    You don't get it ... Trump's appealing to his core support who don't believe anything on CNN, or in the press. The more he is criticised the more popular he becomes.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6374
    octatonic said:
    Thanks @octatonic , pretty much nailed it!
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • he don't seem that popular
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25492
    Fretwired said:

You don't get it ... Trump's appealing to his core support who don't believe anything on CNN, or in the press. The more he is criticised the more popular he becomes.
    I thought you'd had enough and were going off-grid ?
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34307
    Emp_Fab said:
    Fretwired said:

Are we holding people to everything they say on the forum now?
    Because I seem remember a few things you've said over the years.... :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I actually like to read about politics on forum here. There are always some interesting views, as long as it's kept clean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25492
    Yeah, but to be fair, I normally take a couple of weeks before I contradict myself!  Fret's taking the piss at 3h32m !
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34307
    Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23145
    edited January 2017
    Fretwired said:
    scrumhalf said:
    Hmmm.

Strange.
    Press attack Trump with facts and photographic evidence (for example, the Metro stats are pretty straight down the line, pun intended). 

Trump and Spicer attack press with figures more twisted than alphabetti spaghetti and garbled abuse. 
    I know he is. I refer you to my post on page 2 that talks about that core support and how they aren't going to have their minds changed by what they deem as the liberal media's lies. In the same breath though, that doesn't mean you sit back and allow such blatant bullshit come out of the mouth of a White House without commenting on it. 

When someone as Republican through and through as Bill Kristol says it's bullshit, then you can't paint it all as liberal virtue signalling. I actually agree with you on how it is different to the snake oil salesmen we had with Clinton and Blair but the end result is still another politician who is full of shit. Had Alastair Campbell come out with 'alternative facts' over Iraq, he'd have been eviscerated. Spicer and Conway deserve nothing less. 

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4263
    Just ask some of the ethnic minorities and other marginalised people, especially women how they feel about Trump, anything else is superfluous 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    scrumhalf said:
    Hmmm.

Strange.

I know he is. I refer you to my post on page 2 that talks about that core support and how they aren't going to have their minds changed by what they deem as the liberal media's lies. In the same breath though, that doesn't mean you sit back and allow such blatant bullshit come out of the mouth of a White House without commenting on it. 

When someone as Republican through and through as Bill Kristol says it's bullshit, then you can't paint it all as liberal virtue signalling. I actually agree with you on how it is different to the snake oil salesmen we had with Clinton and Blair but the end result is still another politician who is full of shit. Had Alastair Campbell come out with 'alternative facts' over Iraq, he'd have been eviscerated. Spicer and Conway deserve nothing less. 

OK .. I was answering a different comment and didn't see the one on page two - I agree with you, although I still stand by the fact you have to use different tactics and not play Trump's game. I just watched the news where there was a press conference in the White House. The press were lectured, no questions could be asked and the statements made by Trumps press officer were easily refuted. This is bizarre to say the least.

Emp_Fab said:
    Fretwired said:

I did .. I didn't say how long I'd go off grid. It was liberating for two hours but then I thought of you and how I'd miss your rants .. :-)

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fretwired said:

OK .. I was answering a different comment and didn't see the one on page two - I agree with you, although I still stand by the fact you have to use different tactics and not play Trump's game. I just watched the news where there was a press conference in the White House. The press were lectured, no questions could be asked and the statements made by Trumps press officer were easily refuted. This is bizarre to say the least.
    Absolutely. The left are making it far too easy for Trump to stoke the fires. It needs to adopt different tactics. I really would recommend watching the whole press conference. It's like a WWE presser or some fucking Barry Hearn managed boxing spectacle.