2005 Firebird Studio price advice

What's Hot
bodhibodhi Frets: 1362
Spotted this on Ebay the other day for £695.  I can't say I fancy either the colour or the pickups, but it could make for a fun project guitar.  Have it refinished, upgraded, and so on.

What would you say would be a fair price for this one?

Thanks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322391423607

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CorvusCorvus Frets: 3095
    tFB Trader

If you were going to swap stuff I'd maybe use that money on a full-fat one. People seem to often ask silly prices on fleabay for them but 750-800 seems more realistic to me. I got one for £680. Though some people swap the pickups with those as well, but I like them over the vintage output types.

Got lucky with my current one, list was 849 with the padded gig bag but got 20% off brand new, maybe some Easter deals or something will happen though list prices seem back up to 1100-1200 again.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tele69tele69 Frets: 198
    500-600 - My advice. Wait until you find the one you want unless the project desire is overwhelming.  Plenty of Firebirds around.
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1362
    Thanks, guys.

I am looking for a project guitar.  Never really fancied a Firebird that much, but this one would fit the bill if the price was closer to maybe £500, I agree.

Appreciate the advice.  Should probably look out for something cheaper and perhaps a bit more beat up :)
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2774
    I've seen a couple on FB that were advertised for ages at £500 so it feels a little overpriced.    I saw that one and thought about a gold finish but I want neck inlays.  
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    Andertons just got this super cool Tokai in, it's used, £349.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That Tokai is cool as anything. 
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    That Tokai is cool as anything. 
    I was tempted to offer to buy it there and then on their facebook - if someone else hasn't already.

Although, I have no idea how good it is price wise, Tokai make so many models at different levels of the market.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25567
    Business seller claiming private sale?

That can only end well.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom