String gauge for C standard tuning

I'm am thinking of putting my guitar into C standard tuning but I don't know what string gauge to get. I currently use D'addario regulars on a 25.5" scale length, so I would like a similar amount of tension. I was also wandering if I'll need a neck or nut adjustment?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    it will always be a bit of a balancing act between floppiness and string thickness- honestly C tuning works best with a slightly longer scale.

Otherwise, I'd start with 12-60 and see what you reckon.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    13-65 works perfectly for B-B baritone tuning on a Fender scale - obvious when you think what the B string in a normal set of 10s is - so 12-60 should be right for a semitone above that.

You will need to widen the nut grooves and adjust the bridge saddles but otherwise not need to change much, possibly not even the truss rod.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Use www.stringtensionpro.com to find the nearest set, you can always substitute strings with singles as necessary