WRHBs - who's best?

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28752
edited February 2017 in Guitar
I have an itch needing scratching so I fancy some WRHBs for my Jazzmaster. My scratchplate is a 60's one so I'd prefer to go with JM-sized drop-ins than the full size chrome ones.  I'm aware that Mojo, Creamery, Oil CIty and Novak all do them but I'm wondering if anyone has tried any of these and can give feedback?

Do I need to worry about magnets? I know the CuNiFe ones are all but impossible to get hold of, but not sure how much of "the" tone is the material and how much is the fact that the polepieces are the magnets??

Paging @TheGuitarWeasel @mojopickups !

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I have a humbucker sized Mojo in the neck of my tele and it sounds great, but how it compares to the originals or the other manufacturers I cannot say.
    My trading feedback can be seen here - http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58242/
  • I've got a pair of The Creamerys in my MIM FSR Tele. They sound great and pretty close to 1970s originals I've played, but not quite as smooth in the breakup. A million times better than the standard HBs in a WR casing that Fender now use. Quite hot signal. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    I think Telenator still makes Cunife WRHBs, or at least part-Cunife versions. 

I really like Lollar Regals. Have never tried Mojos but would like to, if his other stuff is anything to go by they should be unusually high quality. 
  • Whitecat said:

I really like Lollar Regals. Have never tried Mojos but would like to, if his other stuff is anything to go by they should be unusually high quality. 
    I'm only looking at JM-shaped ones though, which (I think) knocks those two out. 

Tbh I'm very likely to go Mojo or Oil City.
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    Whitecat said:

I'm only looking at JM-shaped ones though, which (I think) knocks those two out. 

Tbh I'm very likely to go Mojo or Oil City.
    I can't see you being disappointed with either option 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5636
    Ah, of course, reading comprehension not so good on a fuzzy Sunday morning. :) I wouldn't think you'd go wrong with Mojo anyway. They're the sort of things that I'd have confidence in trying blind. 
  • @DrBob @Whitecat Not arguing - I've had multiple Mojos including the existing JM pickups, and all have been fab. 

Just mulling options really :)