Coda Music Website

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30355
    Does this mean you've lost the records of my payment for 2 Rickenbackers and a Carr Rambler?
    I shall still expect delivery of them at your earliest convenience.

It's worth a try.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • All seems to be up and running now, and pretty nippy now.

@DougCoda - unfortunately, this is the problem with using shared hosting services, especially for businesses; you're pretty much at the mercy of an infrastructure that's not centred around you. That's the main reason that we use our own virtual hosting environment here, because everything that matters is under our control (and the things that aren't under our control are almost completely fault-tolerant). I think we've only had a few hours of outages in the three years we've been running, and all of that was on one day when there was a massive network outage...with 2.5-3 million hits a month, that's far better than I'd expect even on my most optimistic day.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 649
    We've a meeting with the web guy tomorrow, I'll bring these points up. I know he's been working flat out to get this sorted...

• andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited February 2017
    Our business website was once offline for a day or two because of a gas explosion at a server farm in America...I would've been annoyed but some poor fella was killed in it....now off to look at what Doug's got on the famous "Used" section!!
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    DougCoda said:
    We switched servers from one and one to Smarthost a couple of weeks back and the problem is with Smarthost, apparently this has happened to a lot of websites on this server, I've just been reading their Trustpilot reviews and something has gone badly wrong in the past few days. The shops are open and the site should be back running later today. In the meantime the phones work (01438 350815), email is down too so if anyone does want to message us Facebook or here is probably the best bet for the next hour or so.
    Good luck Doug - I recall a similar problem last year with my site when I changed server - Feeling of hopelessness and frustration - shows how business has changed from showroom visits to web site dominant - best wishes Mark
    I think I did rather well out of your site going down last time Mark!!!!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15379
    tFB Trader
    ennspek said:
    DougCoda said:
    We switched servers from one and one to Smarthost a couple of weeks back and the problem is with Smarthost, apparently this has happened to a lot of websites on this server, I've just been reading their Trustpilot reviews and something has gone badly wrong in the past few days. The shops are open and the site should be back running later today. In the meantime the phones work (01438 350815), email is down too so if anyone does want to message us Facebook or here is probably the best bet for the next hour or so.
    Good luck Doug - I recall a similar problem last year with my site when I changed server - Feeling of hopelessness and frustration - shows how business has changed from showroom visits to web site dominant - best wishes Mark
    I think I did rather well out of your site going down last time Mark!!!!
    hard to believe it was a year ago - first dealings and meeting at The Brum show I recall