Tokai Talbo

What's Hot
StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2451
Saw Jim Moray last night and his main electric was one of the aluminium-bodied Talbos. It was kind of buried in the mix a bit, but sounded good when I could hear it. It looked great, too. Anyone played one? What are they like?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    edited February 2017 tFB Trader
    sold a couple in the past but maybe a year or so ago since last played one - but an acquired taste sums it up - same with many 'odd ball' guitars - I feel it is the type of guitar I could own within a collection, so as I can put it down and use something else when bored or frustrated with it - certainly could not own it as my one and only guitar - Nothing wrong with what they actually do, but just feel awkward to me, regarding feel and playability
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2451
    Does it sound noticeably different to guitars that aren't made of metal?
  • These look cool, I like the shape and the Metallic Blue one is a really nice colour. Never played one but imagine that without an Aluminium neck it would be pretty similar to a normal guitar playing wise. 
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2451
    oooh.... tempting:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tokai-Talbo-Blazing-Fire-super-rare-aluminium-body-guitar-/252844342675

think I'd rather have the silver or blue though.

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    and not a bad price in today's market place - cool as well but an acquired taste 
  • revsorgrevsorg Frets: 894
    edited April 2017
    Tim Farriss of INXS is the only guitarist I know of that played one.  And in 2015 he suffered the only accident that guitarists fear more than having their genitals destroyed in a freak fireworks accident.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • id like one in natural swamp ash finish

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom