SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Gold pickups

What's Hot
DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7716
edited February 2017 in Parts £
Looking for some gold covered pickups to put in my LP Custom.
I've not got any particular preference, as long as they're a familiar brand I'll consider them (nothing budget like artec etc please).
If nothings available I'll just get some more Oil City Forces Sweethearts, but hoping to try save a bit of money first.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7716
    Bump. Would be interested in the irongear Blues engines or bulldog pickups.
  • check out your PM re gold pickups for sale
    Sorry, didn't notice as it was just posted to my profile page. They would be too expensive for me. I only posted this to try get something cheaper than the oil citys if I could.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Got some gold Tokai Japan MKii's In excellent nick, braided wire.  I have them in a few guitars, excellent sounding much underrated pickups. £60 the pair posted?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4904
    I have a pair that I just took out of my Sheraton.  Nothing fancy but gold and cheap.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • MototechMototech Frets: 104
    Nothing to sell, but @John_A 's Tokai's sound like a good deal, from memory, they are really nice pickups.
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Tokais no longer available on hold pending sale
  • Got a pair of Gibson LP humbuckers from about 1995 in great condition and a bare knuckle 59 PAF in gold as well 
    Whats a bare knuckle 59 paf? Do you have a link? 
    I've not really liked any gibson Humbuckers that I've tried, do you know the models?
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11978
    tFB Trader
    DefaultM said:
    Whats a bare knuckle 59 paf? Do you have a link? 
    I've not really liked any gibson Humbuckers that I've tried, do you know the models?
    It may be one of several pickups in the vintage output range I'd guess Stormy Monday (Alnico2) , Mule (Alnico4) or RiffRaff (Alnico5) but once again my pet peeve with BKP raises it's head - no labelling. So the owner of said pickup may not actually remember which it is  if they had a few pickups.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!