Flame Guitars at The Guitar Show, Birmingham

Flame_GuitarsFlame_Guitars Frets: 79
in Guitar tFB Trader
Looking forward to next weekends show, should be a good one. If you are planning to go, come and say hello at my stands, B8 , which is just behind Bare Knuckle Pickups. I'm also delighted to say that Phil Short, winner of Guitar Idol 2016 will be playing at my stand at various times during the day. Here are a few pictures of a couple of guitars I will be exhibiting. The studio pictures are of a recently completed guitar and the owner has kindly agreed to let me take it to the show.

Image may contain guitar

Black walnut on korina body, zirocote compound radius fretboard, Semour Duncan P-Rails, Hipshot tremolo, Gotoh 510 locking tuners

Image may contain guitar and shoes

Image may contain one or more people guitar and indoor

I will also be taking a guitar that is similar to the one below. (pickups going in on Monday, so not finished yet!) It is flamed ash on claro walnut body, Bare Knuckle Nailbomb pickups (coil cut on both pickups), through neck, bubinga fretboard

No automatic alt text available

Image may contain people sitting

Flame Guitars. Custom electric guitars, servicing & repairs by David Kennett
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rlwrlw Frets: 4904
    Nice guitars, as ever, David.  That flamed ash is gorgeous.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    edited February 2017
    Really like that flamed ash one - very different, and quite a unique design. Have you changed your headstock design?  I must admit I do much prefer the angular (PRS influenced perhaps?) ones in your pics above rather than the rounder type-shape shown on your website - or was that just a special one-off? 

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • Flame_GuitarsFlame_Guitars Frets: 79
    tFB Trader
    Voxman said:
    Really like that flamed ash one - very different, and quite a unique design. Have you changed your headstock design?  I must admit I do much prefer the angular (PRS influenced perhaps?) ones in your pics above rather than the rounder type-shape shown on your website - or was that just a special one-off? 

Thanks for the comment and and well spotted about the headstock shape. The headstock shape that you see on my website was way to pretty for a through neck guitar fitted with high output BKP. Needed something more edgy. I have used this shape on a few of my recent guitars and will do so in the future.
    tFB Trader
    As I mentioned in an earlier post, Phil Short, winner of Guitar Idol 2016, will be playing at my stand this Saturday. If you are going to the Show, come and say hello.

Image may contain 1 person text
  • They are beautiful guitars :)
    tFB Trader
    They are beautiful guitars :)
    Thanks, I appreciate the comment
    tFB Trader
    Good time at The Guitar Show, Birmingham 10 days ago. My stand happened to be opposite The Fretboard stand, so it was good to meet TTony and other members of the forum (sorry if we were a bit noisy on the Saturday!) Those nice people at GuitarNerds interviewed me. Here is the video they posted on their YouTube site.

• Good interview, looks like it was a lot of fun :)