Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot
ParkerParker Frets: 960
edited January 2014 in Off Topic
I love this show - just caught up with the mid-season finale of Season 4 and eagerly anticipating the new series on Fox in a couple of weeks!

No spoilers !
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4131
    edited January 2014
    Oddly enough, we've just remembered to catch up with it too - part-way into season 3 atm, we got left behind! :O
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    It just gets better mate! :)
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188

truth bud

I love it, in fact it now pays a large part of my life. For example when I was in a Farm Shop the other day I spent a good few mins looking at the scythes and sledge hammers. My only intrest in them was sharpness, weight, and handle length, for the sole purpose of zombie disposal.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    What's a Thead?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    Wow I thought it was only me and my daughter that watched it!

It has got better with every season .Even the acting has improved.Or maybe its just that all the shit actors get eaten!

Some of the acting was so bad especially Ricks wife Lori, we even cheered when she died!  

Great show can't wait for the second half of Season 4.
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Massive fan over here as well; another week or so until second half of Season 4! It's going to be quite difficult to discuss it on here without spoilers though if people are at different stages in it...
    IanSavage said:
    Massive fan over here as well; another week or so until second half of Season 4! It's going to be quite difficult to discuss it on here without spoilers though if people are at different stages in it...
    Hopefully they will catch up soon.
    edited January 2014
    I was gutted (pardon the pun) that they didn't get Danny Trujo in to play the Governor, 'cos the comic book character looks exactly like him - David Morrisey does a sterling job though.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294

truth bud

I love it, in fact it now pays a large part of my life. For example when I was in a Farm Shop the other day I spent a good few mins looking at the scythes and sledge hammers. My only intrest in them was sharpness, weight, and handle length, for the sole purpose of zombie disposal.

On (relatively rare)family outings to places of interest they get rated in terms of suitability for surviving a zombie apocalypse. If it happens we will be heading straight for Warwick castle. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    IanSavage said:
    I was gutted (pardon the pun) that they didn't get Danny Trujo in to play the Governor, 'cos the comic book character looks exactly like him - David Morrisey does a sterling job though.
    +1 for David Morissey 
    He was a bit too cartoon like when  he first arrived but really grew in to the role. He was especially good in the recent episode all about him. A chance for him to do some proper acting and drop the dodgy pirate impression.
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    Interesting how the two main leads weren't American
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12358
    Another fan here. I was late getting into it and only started watching because my girlfriend said it was fantastic. (Although she loved it, she had to record it and watch it during the day: it scared the bejesus out of her at night!)

We bought the first 3 series boxset just before Xmas and have been ploughing through it fairly quickly. Getting near the end of series 3 now.

The acting's pretty good throughout I think although yeah Lori was really wooden and Merle is a bit cartoon redneck.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9605
    Anybody know when it's coming back on Channel 5?
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    frankus said:
    What's a Thead?
    He thead the walking Dead thead. thimples!!
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1527
    I heard it wasnt but it will be on FOX!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12358
    thermionic;148476" said:
    I was asking the same thing in another thread. Seems it might be April or May but nothing definite confirmed yet. We can get it on Fox but would have to upgrade our virgin deal to the full package and it's going to cost a fortune to do that :(
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Maybe I should give this another chance? I thought it got a bit 'meh' after S1.

Currently busy with Lilyhammer. Waiting for GOT.    :(
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
  • Never watched it. This was fun though.

• Ive been watching since the beginning.  Very good series and looking forward to the next episodes.

you don't want scythes, clearly the way to go is a samurai sword 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Very few machetes and crowbars in The Walking Dead, it's like they haven't even read the Zombie Survival Guide ;)