Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 8092
    Was I imagining it or was there a little nod to The Last Of Us this week? 

During the opening couple of minutes when it's tracking shots and gentle music there is a part where the music becomes gently strummed acoustic guitar and the camera slowly goes to a window with a net curtain flapping in the breeze to one side... 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16656
    Caught up. I wasn't that moved by Rosita baring her soul so it was just a bit mid season moving the plot along. Apparently Jesus came out as gay although that completely passed me by.
    Got the Talking Dead on now, Christian Serratos rather pregnant so one way or another Rosita likely to be taking a back seat fairly soon. 
    Tum te tum.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16656
    Season finale next week. Can't see all that much being wrapped up, still looking forward to it though. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • paulkpaulk Frets: 319
    edited March 2017
    I've been with it since the start, the comics also. However, after this season I'm out as it's just getting worse and worse. The comic's been on rinse and repeat for a long time now also i.m.o. so I'm done.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Thought last night was a good episode, I like the fact we aren't getting a complete resolution to the problems this season, it feels like its building to something and not trying to rush the journey, defeating an enemy so feared and strong in numbers should take planning and time.

I can't understand people having "had it with the show", it's still one of the best bits of TV you can see on a weekly basis. Sure some episodes are slower than others but I think some of the less action packed ones have been the better ones this season.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3307
    I've enjoyed this 2nd half of season but yeah, I hope they all die in the next episode and it ends.  Overdue by a long shot really.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10010
    The best zombie films walk a fine line between bleak apocalyptic dystopia and the faint hope that some remnants of a government or authority are holed up in a bunker somewhere and will be able to start sorting things out as soon as the survivors find them. The Walking Dead had a couple of brief flashes of optimism in the early series, but I think as time goes on I'll miss that glimmer of hope. The relentlessly rural locations don't help - they need to be heading towards a city, or an island or something!
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12879
    The best zombie films walk a fine line between bleak apocalyptic dystopia and the faint hope that some remnants of a government or authority are holed up in a bunker somewhere and will be able to start sorting things out as soon as the survivors find them. The Walking Dead had a couple of brief flashes of optimism in the early series, but I think as time goes on I'll miss that glimmer of hope. The relentlessly rural locations don't help - they need to be heading towards a city, or an island or something!
    But all the cities would be rammed full of walkers!! 
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1809
    Well... I saved last week's episode to watch it together with season finale this morning... 

I have mixed feelings. I will wait with last night's episode until you guys catch up.
    Hmmmm. Some really dumb moments in that episode.

SPOILERS!!

Rick gets shot but a few moments later and he's running around as if nothing's happened. No sign of the exit hole in his shirt when he was with Michonne? 

All the Saviours and the Garbage people have automatic weapons but can't hit a cows arse with a banjo?  None of them think to shoot the tiger? 

What was the toy soldier about?
  • Not a bad season finale, but not a great one. Plenty of action but not much in the way of moving the story forward, need to do better next season.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10010
    A couple of great twists there which I did not see coming. Slightly disappointed to see it descend into a gunfight, but it's an American show, and Americans get hard-ons when they think about guns. No resolution to the plots either, which means the next series will be a long drawn-out Rick v Negan standoff.
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3307
    I've actually quite enjoyed the second half of this season, dumb bits included. 

Think Rick and/or Carl could've done with a headache though.

Dwight and Darryl in an unlikely new relationship ruling the roost would tickle me pink.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited April 2017
    Enjoyed that, don't agree it didn't move the story on, it showed the leaders of each group coming together finally (I think we can assume Maggie is now the leader of the hill top) and finally the army that's going to needed to fight the saviours, and the new enemy that is the scrap yard gang since they are now heavily armed.

It's what it had to be, no way Negan could be killed this season, it'd have been silly to do that.

Rick telling Negan he was going to kill him showed how far he and the group have come this season, no fear just belief that they would win. Also this was Rick's first win against Negan, first time Negan had nothing to do but run away.
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12657
    It was good, the shootout was a bit unrealsitic, and how that tiger was trained to only eat baddies I don't know.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17460
    boogieman said:

Dwight
    edited April 2017
    WezV said:
    boogieman said:

Dwight
    Ah. 

Ta.  ;)
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6462
    Thought it was ok, on Talking Dead, the producer said the first 4 episodes of the next series were going to be awesome - hope that resolves the Negan/Saviours plotline - it's getting lame.  With Hilltop, Alexandria etc at war the Saviours ought to start getting hungry pretty quickly ....
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1809
    Jalapeno said:
    Thought it was ok, on Talking Dead, the producer said the first 4 episodes of the next series were going to be awesome - hope that resolves the Negan/Saviours plotline - it's getting lame.  With Hilltop, Alexandria etc at war the Saviours ought to start getting hungry pretty quickly ....
    Rick turning into Neegan? 

Yeah... the plot is getting boring.
    Imho they've cast the wrong guy. Even Simon (Neegan's sidekick - the GTA character) is better for the role. Neegan is not scary, he's OTT with his acting and even XS leather jacket seems to be too big for him ;-) bit poor for such a macho leader...
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6462
    Yep, he's full-on panto camp ! ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback