Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12881
    Spent a lot of last night's episode shouting at Carol "just shoot at their legs under the car you idiot !! ".

Another episode where people with massive machine guns can't hit a target right in front of them but Darryl can take a kill shot from 50 yards away, with a handgun, while riding a motorbike. This series is getting more and more ridiculous. Time to kill it off I think. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 888
    And with the glass half full ... you got to see JERRY slice a creepy Jeffery Dahmer looking saviour in half with his axe in full beast mode! 

It’s a show about a Zombie apocalypse , if you’re willing to accept that premise but find it ridiculous that the gun battles aren’t realistic enough then perhaps you should rethink your watching list. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2017
    sticker said:
    And with the glass half full ... you got to see JERRY slice a creepy Jeffery Dahmer looking saviour in half with his axe in full beast mode! 

It’s a show about a Zombie apocalypse , if you’re willing to accept that premise but find it ridiculous that the gun battles aren’t realistic enough then perhaps you should rethink your watching list. 

I get that and I'm willing to suspend disbelief enough for zombies, but the firefights are getting more stupid every week. They're supposed to be survivors because they're clever enough to know what they're doing or have learnt as they've gone along. They're all acting like 5 year olds in this series, well except for Dead Eye Darryl.  
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited November 2017
    sticker said:

Yup, agree, for all the moaning, it's still good entertainment, which is it's purpose. If the show had kept the same formula then it'd be accused of just staying the same, it evolves in to something else and it's too different. Like the entertainment version of Gibson guitars.

The seasons is based on parts of comic called "all out war", I think it's fair to assume there would be a lot of killing and shooting in it.

I'm still enjoying the show, still waiting for the next episode and think a bit of action is a nice break from last season.

Just a quick side note, that while internet is calling for "just kill Negan" I think the point in Rick's plan is to cause enough death and fear so when Negan is gone, no one steps up to take his place, and a working system of communities can be built; this will require the participation of the remaining saviours because their numbers are huge compared to the other 3 groups.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2017
    Really enjoyed last nights episode, showed a different side to Negan, in fact almost justified what he does, and emphasis that he seems to kill less often than Rick does.
    Yup, a much better episode last night. Negan almost seemed human, rather than the panto villain he'd become. 
    boogieman said:
    Yup, a much better episode last night. Negan almost seemed human, rather than the panto villain he'd become. 

So my thoughts, is this a point where they go against the comics and maybe Negan is the victorious one? Lots of suggestions Rick dies (at some point) just thinking out loud.
    edited November 2017
    underdog said:
    boogieman said:

So my thoughts, is this a point where they go against the comics and maybe Negan is the victorious one? Lots of suggestions Rick dies (at some point) just thinking out loud.
    No idea, you could well be right. The tv show does have a habit of throwing spanners into the works every now and then to keep you guessing. I'm certainly losing sympathy for Rick nowadays. Negan's little chat with Gabriel did bring into focus what a borderline nutjob Rick has become. 
    Oh and helicopter, what was that all about?
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6462
    Good episode. Rick does kill more people than the panto villain !!!!!!
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10010
    underdog said:
    That's what I'm talking about - that tiny ray of hope that somewhere, humans have retained some civilisation and technology!
  • underdog said:
    That's what I'm talking about - that tiny ray of hope that somewhere, humans have retained some civilisation and technology!
    There have been helicopters before ( in previous seasons) so maybe there won’t be a quick answer.

There was also reference to the fat lady - an ally or higher power than Negan? Maybe even coming to his rescue in a helicopter. 

Again, not (yet) had the level of graphic violence and torture that we had in previous seasons and there’s some nice dialogue. The demise of the tiger and the absence of the garbage people meaning less ‘out there’ fantasy elements as well now - a return to basics which I like. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    underdog said:
    There have been helicopters before ( in previous seasons) so maybe there won’t be a quick answer.

There was also reference to the fat lady - an ally or higher power than Negan? Maybe even coming to his rescue in a helicopter. 

Again, not (yet) had the level of graphic violence and torture that we had in previous seasons and there’s some nice dialogue. The demise of the tiger and the absence of the garbage people meaning less ‘out there’ fantasy elements as well now - a return to basics which I like. 

I don't think we've seen a helicopter since season 1 have we? It would have to be a well equipped group to be able to maintain, fuel and fly it this far in to the end of the world, could be interesting.
  • underdog said:
    underdog said:

I don't think we've seen a helicopter since season 1 have we? It would have to be a well equipped group to be able to maintain, fuel and fly it this far in to the end of the world, could be interesting.
    I think a flying one in season 1 but there was a crashed one some time later.* Yeh, not a frequent occurrence admittedly. 

*google says season 3 when the governor’s men killed the pilot. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10010
    underdog said:
    underdog said:

Exactly - it’s a world away from hotwiring an abandoned truck. Someone has resources...
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5138
    edited December 2017
    And it looks like "finally" Caaarrrrrrllll has been done for! Although quite how you'd get a single bite like that is a mystery.

The Scooby Gang are still no good at finishing jobs started, but a pretty good episode all around. (p)Rick missing yet another shot at Neegan. Hit him with the barbed wire bit in the face, not pop with the handle, duurrh!

Still some life in the series yet methinks, Oceanview mark II coming up...
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    I loved the way Scott Gimple refused to say on Talking Dead that Carl dies and kept insisting “he still has a story to tell”. (Which I imagine is Carl saying argghh and then dying in the next episode.) Apparently he’d already had his hair cut and is involved in another project, so it wasn’t hard to make the leap to “Carl dies soon”. Personally I won’t miss him, he was never a strong enough character. But yeah, how did he get that bite? 

This series has been a bit of a mess so far and I’m not hooked into like before. I hope it improves. 

One last thing:  isn’t Maggie supposed to be pregnant? How comes she’s still a size 6? 
  • metalemetale Frets: 57
    I think he got the bite when fighting walkers in the woods a few episodes back, with that other young guy (Siddiq?)

I reviewed that scene, and he is pinned under a walker which he then throws to the side to fight off another one. The first one seems to have been able to bit him.

When he gets up, the other guy asks Carl if he is ok. Carl takes really long to respond and has a distant/sad/I'm screwed look.
    metale said:
    I think he got the bite when fighting walkers in the woods a few episodes back, with that other young guy (Siddiq?)

I reviewed that scene, and he is pinned under a walker which he then throws to the side to fight off another one. The first one seems to have been able to bit him.

When he gets up, the other guy asks Carl if he is ok. Carl takes really long to respond and has a distant/sad/I'm screwed look.
    You could be right there. 
  • ParkerParker Frets: 961
    boogieman said:
    metale said:

You could be right there. 

That'd make sense why he's having all the Deep and Meaningful's and was being cavalier with his life.