Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickersticker Frets: 888
    Rabs said:
    I think this show is hampered by following the comic books. Has anyone seen the new series of fear the walking dead? That has apparently picked up and is on the way to being the better show

I have watched it and its quite good.. My main issue with that show is the weird release schedule..  You get like three episodes then it stops for ages and comes back suddenly and randomly...

Blame USA programme scheduling . 8 episodes starting in the Autumn leading up to a break at Thanksgiving , then the 2nd 8 episodes in the New year leading up to the new Spring schedules .

It wasn't a problem in pre-internet as good old UK was just left behind and so all episodes would air before we saw them and we would get an unbroken run .

Now to avoid spoilers its shown the day after which means we have to follow their peculiar habit of breaking a show in half with a 3 month wait in the middle .

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sticker said:
    ...special effects in general - are super poor quality for these days modern TV show. Shame.

I know I'm a bit of a fanboy but that simply isn't true , the CGI is dodgy as hell but the practical FX and the zombies themselves are always outstanding .

Ok, I'll be more specific. I agree - the Walkers are done well and makeup is good. But the actual weapons? Not really imho . Vehicles, scenery etc - it all looks a tad cheap. In a way - yeah, it's dark and part of the climate of the show- but it's just so old...
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12881
    Well that was sloooooooow. 
    Has everyone given up on it? My wife reckons they’ve got new writers involved to kick it up the arse. By god it needs it, I can’t see it going on for much longer as it stands. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6462
    Not watched recording yet, shhhhh ! ;)

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • I'm still watching but at this point it's more due to stubbornness of seeing it through to the end rather than actually enjoying it.

Slightly interested to see if Rick actually changes going forward but I suspect he'll lay down his gun for a couple of episodes and then go back to killing without a second thought.

Also bored with Negan/The Saviours - either end it or move it forward.
  • This has become a total chore now. Just meandering and pointless. Have struggled with it for a while but won't bother anymore. I may wait until the series ends and do a catch up but I doubt I will miss anything worthwhile 
  • Recorded it to watch tonight. This is definitely the worst season to date. If the second half isn't a lot better then I'm out. :/
    Link to my trading feedback
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12657
    Haven’t watched any of this season and haven’t missed it tbh. Those scrap yard muppets are just bad sci-fi
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Haven’t watched any of this season and haven’t missed it tbh. Those scrap yard muppets are just bad sci-fi
    Same here. I was surprised to see that season started again. I have watched first episode and the rest is still in a queue. 
  • Still persevering so far, but it is beginning to feel like it did with Lost. Quit with the around in circles nonsense and move the story on to a conclusion, of any kind.

The "dream sequences" or whatever they are aren't adding anything to the story for me, just filling time.

I thought Carl was supposed to survive? Or was that just an internet rumour? And Negan with Judith in the garden? Huh!?!?

A series on borrowed time here...

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10010
    I think it's running out of steam for me. It's now just basically like a 1960s post-apocalyptic Western serial, good guys and bad guys endlessly shooting at each other. One of the things I've always liked about zombie films is the faint, desperate hope that somewhere there is an enclave of modern civilisation that they are trying to find. The Walking Dead had this in the early seasons, but I think everybody (including the writers) has given up on that pretence by now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Used to be my favourite show. Watched a few episodes of the Negan era and the writing was on the wall. It's pretty much done for me now
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

sticker said:
    ...special effects in general - are super poor quality for these days modern TV show. Shame.

I know I'm a bit of a fanboy but that simply isn't true , the CGI is dodgy as hell but the practical FX and the zombies themselves are always outstanding .

Ok, I'll be more specific. I agree - the Walkers are done well and makeup is good. But the actual weapons? Not really imho . Vehicles, scenery etc - it all looks a tad cheap. In a way - yeah, it's dark and part of the climate of the show- but it's just so old...
    I keep wondering who is sweeping the roads and mowing the verges. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1247
    Somewhat slow episode but I guess they had to make it a Karl special given his lengthy service to the show. It was worth watching just for Morgan's gut wrenching scene!
    Link to my trading feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 625
    Somewhat slow ... jesus, I only just made it through the thing.  It really has gone to seed that show.   The last moments with Morgan were really the only thing of any note in it.  Might FINALLY have given up on it.

(Probably not, series link will pick it up again because I forgot to cancel it and I'll go "well, I'll see if it's got better)
    Somewhat slow episode but I guess they had to make it a Karl special given his lengthy service to the show. 
    Definitely slow. We kept shouting at the screen “just die, for gods sake!” 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17461
    edited March 2018
    i  actually wanted him to survive.   Can't believe i typed that, a few series back i would have cheered at his death, and he hasn't really improved much.

so why would i want him to survive?   Because it would show the writers were  actually trying to think of ways to move the story forward.

• This show is dead to me. (See what I did there)
    it had its jump the shark moment with the dumpster incident and has shuffled steadily downwards since. 
    Shame as this has been my favourite ever TV show.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 637
    I`m also beginning to struggle with it, which is a shame as it was the best thing on tv, I really hope it turns around and isn`t the beginning of the end of the show but this never ending Saviours nonsense is tiresome.