Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• dbphoto said:
    I am pretty much with Now TV just for TWD, and at the moment every season is on there, and it's just £7.99 per month for the 'entertainment' package I think.
    Little tip for you - go online and try to cancel, and you might find they suddenly offer you a half price deal for a few months :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10010
    underdog said:
    Now then Negan and the zombie blood plan, surely that doesn't work in this version of the walking dead. The show established back in season 2 that every human is already infected, and death, zombie related or not, will result in becoming a zombie.

Zombie bites do not pass the infection, they are just fatal wounds that kill you, and thus you turn into a zombie just as you would if you had a heart attack or died of cancer.

We've seen lots of examples of people covered with zombie blood, even covered in zombie guts and never had anyone turn because of it. I hope they aren't going to change that rule now.
    Yes, I couldn't figure that out either. But then again, didn't Carl die of a Walker bite? Didn't look like a fatal wound to me.

Last two episodes have been pretty good. Pretty bleak one this week, lots of things going wrong for lots of people.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    underdog said:
    Now then Negan and the zombie blood plan, surely that doesn't work in this version of the walking dead. The show established back in season 2 that every human is already infected, and death, zombie related or not, will result in becoming a zombie.

Zombie bites do not pass the infection, they are just fatal wounds that kill you, and thus you turn into a zombie just as you would if you had a heart attack or died of cancer.

We've seen lots of examples of people covered with zombie blood, even covered in zombie guts and never had anyone turn because of it. I hope they aren't going to change that rule now.
    Yes, I couldn't figure that out either. But then again, didn't Carl die of a Walker bite? Didn't look like a fatal wound to me.

Last two episodes have been pretty good. Pretty bleak one this week, lots of things going wrong for lots of people.

Their bites are fatal yes, but death turns you not a walker, so I don't see what zombie blood on weapons is going to do, especially when we've seen people covered in it in an effort to hide from walkers

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12882
    underdog said:
    underdog said:

Their bites are fatal yes, but death turns you not a walker, so I don't see what zombie blood on weapons is going to do, especially when we've seen people covered in it in an effort to hide from walkers

I’d assumed the bites caused infection, which then killed the bitten person. Walker blood and guts don’t kill by themselves, as you say that’s been proven by Rick etc coating themselves in the stuff to get past walkers. It has to get into the bloodstream via a weapon to be effective presumably. 
    But then if you're close enough to hit them with a weapon, why not kill them with it? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    underdog said:
    But then if you're close enough to hit them with a weapon, why not kill them with it? 
    Good point!  :)
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14201
    boogieman said:
    underdog said:
    Good point!  :)
    It really doesn't add up does it? If zombie blood can infect you without a bite then we've seen enough zombie blood splattered all over peoples faces that they would have surely been caught.

I don't buy this needing a weapon to get it into a wound.

TWD is becoming like ‘Lost’ a confusing mess that they are making up as they go along. Time to end it. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I don’t think it’s quite plumbing the depths of Lost just yet, but it is getting very stupid at times. How many more times does Negan have to leave Lucille lying around while his back is turned before someone has the sense to whack him on the head with it? 
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 467
    TWD is becoming like ‘Lost’ a confusing mess that they are making up as they go along.
    It would actually be preferable if that was the case, it's the weird decisions about which parts of the comics to stick with and which to leave out that are baffling to me. Killing off Carl (as indifferent as I was to the actor) when he plays such a massive role in the original story from this point on is so strange. 
    underdog said:

Thanks for spoiling my enjoyment of a series where the civilisation of the entire world has collapsed because of dead bodies which walk around trying to eat people and can only stopped by destroying their brains, by drawing my attention to this unfeasible plot hole.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited March 2018
    underdog said:

Thanks for spoiling my enjoyment of a series where the civilisation of the entire world has collapsed because of dead bodies which walk around trying to eat people and can only stopped by destroying their brains, by drawing my attention to this unfeasible plot hole.
    You can only suspend disbelief so far. Zombies are almost accepted as “normal” because the folklore and cinema of them has been around so long, same as Dracula and vampires etc. But when they don’t follow everyday logic, it does grate. I realise (hope!) you’re being tongue in cheek by the way 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1836
    edited March 2018
    underdog said:

civilisation of the entire world has collapsed because of dead bodies which walk around trying to eat people and can only stopped by destroying their brains
    Welcome to Swansea
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    underdog said:

Every imaginary world relies on rules set by the writers, it seems they are about to change a rule that's all I was saying, I already guessed that it probably wasn't based on a true story.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14201
    Unless Negan doesn't realise that just splattering Rick and his chums with blood won't kill them. He's not that stupid is he?

"If it hadn't been for those meddling kids I'd have got away with it"

"Zoinks Scoob..."

• stickersticker Frets: 888
    It was said on the Talking Dead that Father Gabriel is currently ill because he covered himself with guts along with Negan to get out of the portakabin .

Although they’ve used the “cover with guts camouflage” a few times now it was questioned what happens if it gets in your bloodstream or your eye ? 

edited March 2018
    sticker said:
    It was said on the Talking Dead that Father Gabriel is currently ill because he covered himself with guts along with Negan to get out of the portakabin .

Although they’ve used the “cover with guts camouflage” a few times now it was questioned what happens if it gets in your bloodstream or your eye ? 

I didn't watch the talking dead so didn't know that, that's very lame to suddenly introduce this new rule, especially when we've seen no one suffer ill effects before. 

If they wanted to use that part from the comics they could have easily had it so mullet man made up some poison for Negan to use on weapons, instead of zombie blood.
  • This series is like a 16 hour long low budget episode of the A Team, except that every so often a zombie will fall on top of someone who suddenly loses the ability to
    fight back, try to eat them, then be shot at the last minute by someone else.

Sadly I'm sucked in now till the end.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 17462
    edited March 2018
    Maybe the virus is mutating.

i seem to remember many misconceptions in the comic about how people could become infected.  Tainted meat springs to mind.  I don’t take it as inconsistent writing, but an inconsistent understanding from the characters in the story.  Maybe you could compare it to a limited understanding of how the aids virus was transmitted in the 80’s.

what we know for sure is :

*everyone is infected, so will turn on death whatever happens.

*zombie bites will kill you

the  two things are obviously linked, but not necessarily a cause and effect relationship.

zombie bites don’t turn you into a zombie, they kill you.  Death turns you into a zombie.

lets assume a zombie bite is not carrying the zombie virus, it’s just carrying a really nasty infection.  Similar to a Komodo dragon perhaps?  Maybe their blood and bodily fluids are the same.  If I drink a swimming pools worth of zombie saliva will I catch it?

so what’s zombie guts on Lucille going to do?  It’s going to give you a nasty wound with a likely fatal infection.  Then you turn after death

Covering in guts becomes less risky, but you might want to keep the stuff away from open wounds 

• AlvinAlvin Frets: 417
     This was my must watch tv show , i must have watched the first five seasons 5/6 times at least .
              I am now struggling to watch  , the first half of this season was one long mess of a gunfight , it should have been wrapped up in one episode .  I am still watching but i really have no enthusiasm for it anymore . The best part of the season was watching Jadis luring her zombie pals into the crusher but that was it , i can't think of any other highlights at all .  I don't think the writers have any direction .  Someone mentioned Lost , well if Rick wakes up in his hospital bed and it was all a dream then i think everybody should club (Lucille?) together and arrange a hit on Scott Gimple and all the writers .   I would still like to think they can turn it around but i don't want to keep watching (i will though) and see a once fantastic programme become a tragedy .
        I wouldn't be surprised if they cancelled it without a proper ending either as that seems to be the way nowadays.
    I was joking of course... but I do sometimes find myself discussing things like “how come they can fire all those guns and nobody can put a bullet in Negan’s head?” Losing sight of the big picture. I just try and enjoy it as an hour’s escapist entertainment if I can.