NGD x3

What's Hot
mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
edited February 2017 in Guitar
Ok so while all you lovely people were having all the fun at The Guitar Show at the weekend, i was traveling cross country by train to pick this up, Pelham Blue Firebird and a Telemaster? Jazzcaster? Partscaster? whatever you want to call it. 

Partcaster is American Ash Body, Iron Gear Twin Steel Pickups, Neck Has Crafted in Japan and serial number Q017965, plays very very well, pickups have a lovely chime to them. 

Now the Firebird , what can i say, it feels and sounds MASSIVE , i realise the scale length is a standard scale length but it just feels huge. bog standard Epi Alnico pickups are great. currently strung with 11's which are killing my finger ( broke my index finger at the knuckle last year ) fitted case is lovely. It wasnt strictly what i was looking for on a trade, wanted a Strat, but its fun and it looks fucking brillant

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3495
    Nice. I used to gig an epi firebird in my youth ( in fact it's the guitar in my avatar). 
    You get used to the neck feeling a bit to the left quite quickly plus they look cool too. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    edited February 2017
    it does look mega cool, can i get on with the neck ? time will tell if not expect it in the classifieds :-) 

the one good thing one this is i dont expect @Bridgehouse to take the piss as its not even just full size, its fecking massive ! :-p
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12660
    Love that Firebird, always wanted one.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2017
    oh and the partsothingy is probably going for a paint job, i think it would look nice with a red sparkle :-) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It's actually a ngw x3 now thanks to @krameree, pics and updates to follow when on a pc
  • and here it is, looking like a wee tiny toy guitar next to the gargantuan Firebird 

• Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    You need to stay away from the classifieds for a bit dude, before you go bankrupt.
  • its all been financed by having a complete clear out @Jack_ onlyhad my Tele left, sold everything else. 
  • and the Firebird was a trade :-) 
    After living with them for a few days now

the Firebird has taken some getting used to, but its SOOOO cool, its loud and in your face, and it just looks bloody amazing, was thinking about upgrading the pickups, but the Epiphone ones are really nice. 

PRS, what can i say, i LOVE it , the neck is amazing,, the #7pick ups sound great, have read some reviews on the neck being muddy, but to me its just spot on. thanks @krameree, its a keeper. 

The Jazzmastercaster thing, needs a wee bit of work, nut could do with a bit of filing, and the finish on it isnt perfect, but the Iron Gear Twin Steels are really nice. 

all in all a happy boy, still dont have a Strat or anything with a wigglystick but can live with that :-) 
  • musicman100musicman100 Frets: 1810
    edited March 2017
    Enjoy mate.  you need help, ha ha 
    no help needed mate, im done for the time being, happy with what i have now, although i have a yearning for something stratish that will pass, i hope :-p
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24584
    Don't you dare get rid of that Firebird, you hear?

The only thing I don't like about my Epiphone Olympic is that it isn't in Pelham Blue. 

There will be no piss taking from this part of the FB, I'll tell you. Now, about that Surf band so you can play that PRS properly ;)
    The Firebird is going nowhere @Bridgehouse ;

a friend of mine has fallen for it and offered me his 2007 Les Paul Studio for it in a straight trade, i politely declined 
    The Firebird is going nowhere @Bridgehouse ;

a friend of mine has fallen for it and offered me his 2007 Les Paul Studio for it in a straight trade, i politely declined 
    I should think so too!

Epi or not, it's a corker. T'would be good to hear it cranked up and getting the crap twanged out of it as well mind.. ;)

after my broken finger the 11s are killing me  BUT i cant ever see it strung any lower than 11s 
    after my broken finger the 11s are killing me  BUT i cant ever see it strung any lower than 11s 
    Good job you don't play bass then ;)
    i used to, thats what i started out on all those years ago, then i seen sense ;-) 

i used to, thats what i started out on all those years ago, then i seen sense ;-) 

And lost it again when you got the Baby Dean? ;)
    i wil have you know that was good fun :-) it was a wee bit of practise in the setting up and inotating a guitar