SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - Brand New Duesenberg Les Trem II

What's Hot
impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
Literally was only on the guitar for five hours - I fitted it and didn't like the way it changed the feel of the guitar. It has a very similar action to a Bigsby, but with an arguably more comfy arm and fits in minutes to a Les Paul, SG or 335.

Its boxed, with all fixings (Imperial - for US guitars and Metric - for Far Eastern), allen keys etc. Its in Nickel finish. Its basically brand new!

Cost me (including shipping) £75. Will sell for £60.

Pic on the guitar:

Pic of the trem and box etc

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    Boing

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3432
    edited March 2017
    Might be interested in this. Just wondered what you meant by the change of the feel to the guitar? I'm interested in this as a possible alternative to a b5 and vibramate that I've fitted to my les Paul special, however I feel the vibramate has not been as great as permanently fitting the bigsby although I am loathe to start drilling holes, so the les trem might be the answer.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    TBH, its gone back to Thomann now.

The issue I had with it was three fold:

Firstly, the arm always seemed to be in the wrong place - it didn't swing nicely out of the way and so got in the way of my picking hand. I tried adjusting it but it just never seemed 'right'. It also seemed incredibly long, even when adjusted to its shortest setting.
    Secondly, the string tension seemed to change - which is understandable I guess. I noticed it on bends that the guitar didn't feel so 'solid' as it had been.
    Thirdly, and this bothers me on Vibramate n Bigsby installs - the bulk of the trem gets in the way of the controls. Its lesser on the Les Trem than the V&B set up but its still there, and so I was forever banging my hand on it.

I think it would have been better if I'd fitted a roller bridge - the angle on my LP is quite steep, so there was a fair amount of friction etc at the bridge. The arm is 100% more comfy for me on the Les Trem (I'm used to Fender trems) but wish there was a version without the big, heavy tip. Personal preference, again.

Its a good trem - it really is - but I just didn't like it on my LP.

I hope that helps.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3432
    That's very useful cheers dude. Your third point is partly my issue with the vibramate although my number one gripe is the positioning of the trem arm itself, so if the vibramate is too far forward (as I feel it is) the les trem looks to be worse and you've just confirmed it.