SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fulltone OCD, Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer and Crybaby 535Q Wah (All Sold)

What's Hot
BrizeBrize Frets: 5670
edited April 2014 in FX £
Brand-new Fulltone OCD. This is the very latest version, I believe (1.7) and is mint in box with instructions. Looking for £99 shipped within the UK or a little less collected from Cheltenham. No trades.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5670
    edited February 2014
    TS808, used but in as-new condition and perfect working order. Will ship with original box and 3.5mm adaptor.

Looking for £130 shipped within the UK or a little less collected from Cheltenham. No trades.

edited February 2014
    535Q in excellent condition. No marks or chips on the casing but some fine surface lines on the pedal rubber. This pedal has not been gigged. Will ship in original box.

Looking for £99 shipped within the UK or a little less collected from Cheltenham. No trades.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 10105
    Free bump - an amazing OD pedal
    Bump
    Bump
    Bump
    edited February 2014
    Is there any reason why a mod has merged my three threads with a generic title that contains no information about the items for sale? 

That's a bit discourteous, is it not?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Brize said:
    Is there any reason why a mod has merged my three threads with a generic title that contains no information about the items for sale? 

I can't speak for the mods, but I assume having multiple threads takes up too much space on the first page (which is obviously the most visited).  Just edit your post and add info regarding the pedals :)
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    edited February 2014
    it's not in the intro to classifieds @Ttony (and other admins of course) but it's fair to other sellers, consider:

If I decided to put up 3 sets of d'addario XL120 strings ... being a shrewed advertiser I'd put each string in a thread of it's own and dominate the front page of one of the classified threads... every day or so I could bump them and keep other people's stuff off the front.

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • I would however expect to be asked about this first by PM, or at least informed.

I also thought that the transparency of moderation on this forum meant that there was a post explaining the intervention and why it was taken.  That would also serve to inform active members as to what the guidelines here are, and how best to behave to be a "good citizen of the FretBoard".

DDLooping's "mod hat on" ... "mod hat off" approach seems pretty good to me in that regard.  We all learn from those.

I do however think that classified guidelines and FAQ would be a good addition, and help solve some of the often repeated issues on here both factual and behavioural.   But this is not really the thread to be discussing that though.

GLWS Brize   :)

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28453
    edited February 2014
    Brize said:

@Brize You should be able to edit the title to be more descriptive.  If not, tag me and I'll edit it for you,

The mod would normally add a post to explain that they've merged the threads, and why - that appears to be missing and I can understand you thinking it to be discourteous.

The reason is exactly as ThePrettyDamned and Frankus suggest - it's just about having respect for all the other posters here.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Thanks all for your comments and clarifications.

Personally I don't think it's disrespectful to other members to post three different threads for three different pedals. It might be worth adding this to the rules if it's something that the mods frown on.
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    @Brize - I agree it should be mentioned in the "rules" - otherwise what's the point of having a partial set of rules?

I don't think it's disrespectful either, but it would upset the equilibrium of the classifieds a little otherwise :)

.. have a bump ;)

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5229
    edited February 2014
    Brize said: Personally I don't think it's disrespectful to other members to post three different threads for three different pedals. It might be worth adding this to the rules if it's something that the mods frown on.
    But it's common sense that more threads take up more space and thereby give less space on the front page to other members. If you name all three pedals in the title of a single thread what's the difference, it's not going to lose you any viewers is it?
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    frankus said:
    @Brize - I agree it should be mentioned in the "rules" - otherwise what's the point of having a partial set of rules?

I don't think it's disrespectful either, but it would upset the equilibrium of the classifieds a little otherwise :)

.. have a bump ;)

Thank you, frankus.

But it's common sense that more threads take up more space and thereby give less space on the front page to other members. If you name all three pedals in the title of a single thread what's the difference, it's not going to lose you any viewers is it?
    Is it really that big a deal? There's enough traffic on here that listings slip down the rankings pretty quickly. Frequent bumping is far more discourteous.

I preferred to list the pedals separately because, sometimes, discussions develop around particular items and that doesn't work as well with multiple items listed in the same thread.

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited February 2014
    Brize said:   I preferred to list the pedals separately because, sometimes, discussions develop around particular items and that doesn't work as well with multiple items listed in the same thread.
    I have to say I totally agree with that.

I think most on here would expect amps and guitars to be listed separately for just those reasons.

Like so much in life - it is finding the "happy medium" that's the hard part.  Somebody thoughtlessly listing 20 pedals separately en bloc and repeatedly bumping them en bloc would very quickly over run the recent listings, especially doing so every day as some do, and then get half a dozen people following suit and there is illegible chaos, devaluing the ease of use of the forum.  Tough one to call.  But I thought your three pedal threads were fine as they were TBH.

Bump
    Bump!
  • pm'd about the OCD