The F1 thread

What's Hot
FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
Analysis of Hamilton's win in Hungry suggests the new tyre compound now favours the Mercedes team. Vettel could be a worried man .. interesting analysis on the BBC website:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/23529385

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    I'd really like it if Ham won the title this year. Or Alonso, or Kimi, or Rosberg or Massa or Webber or Jenson... Am I missing anyone? Nope. Don't think so..
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    Dream on, Sticky. I reckon Vettel's your man this time around, although we could see a cracking end to the season if those mentioned start creeping up on him, and snapping at this heels. Hopefully the title decider at the last race of the year.

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    I really cant see Mercedes gaining enough at this stage to take on Red Bull.  That said, Hamilton drove a superb race and fully deserved the win.

It's certainly Vettel's to lose, and I wouldn't bet against him at this stage, but stranger things have happened. 

And we do have a lot of circuits coming up that have been good to Lewis in the past- Spa, USA, Abu Dhabi, Brazil. If Ham can win those it'll be a close fight at the end of the year, assuming he gets good points on the others. The main thing is stopping Vettel romping off into the distance in the first 5 laps without cooking that Merc's tyres, and it looks like they've at least made inroads in achieving that. Hamilton has the legs on Vettel on the straights, so you can see Seb getting stuck again as he did behind Jenson in Hungary. 

I'm just spitballing, clearly, but I'd love to see anything but another easy Vettel title.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Vettel was unhappy with Button ... Hamilton got past pretty quickly whilst Vettel was stuck behind him for 15 laps. Button off to Mercedes to rejoin Hamilton and Brawn? Stranger things have happened ...

I just hope if Vettel does win the title it goes to the wire. I hate it when it's all wrapped up several races before, but we've been pretty lucky on that score over the last few years, so here's hoping. I didn't notice any difference in coverage, considering cameramen were supposed to be banned from the pit lane......

I just hope if Vettel does win the title it goes to the wire. I hate it when it's all wrapped up several races before, but we've been pretty lucky on that score over the last few years, so here's hoping. I didn't notice any difference in coverage, considering cameramen were supposed to be banned from the pit lane......
    The angles were different- only from the pitwall or the remote camera on the overhead gantries. I'm hoping they'll put in new gantries to give us the old angle back for next season, but it's not a huge deal if not.
    Anyone see Webber on Top Gear tonight? He obviously hates Seb with a passion. The look on his face when he beat Seb's time in the 'reasonably priced car' segment was priceless. Something else to factor into the mix.

Haven't seen it yet but that's excellent news. I'll watch at lunchtime :)

Just been watching this great interview with Mika Hakkinen. I really wish he hadn't retired so young

edited August 2013
    (Duplicate post)

The Top Gear thing with Webber was good to watch, and he comes over as such a likeable bloke. I guess he's got nothing to lose now he knows he's off to Porsche, and he'll be taking every possible opportunity to beat Vettel he can.

I forgot it was him who flipped over in the Merc at Le Mans, that must have been an awful experience!

Finnish paper reporting Kimi has re-signed with Ferrari..

Full marks, Sticky! I didn't know you could read Finnish!

Full marks, Sticky! I didn't know you could read Finnish!

I can't! But google can ;)
    Could be something to do with the dire financial situation at Lotus ... http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109230

I bet Alonso won't be pleased ....

• Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    That's going to be interesting. Kimi is brilliant - in & out of the car.

As for this year I don't want to see the wonky German finger again please. Would like to see webber grab a few victories for the road. Although I can't help but think he's missed his vocation as a pilot, thinking of Le Mans and Valencia...

Well, having just translated the Finnish report, it's not entirely clear to me Kimi's going to Ferrari, but then there's usually no smoke without fire, so we will see, eh?

But I agree Lotus is deep in the financial shite, and I'd like to see Mark Webber crash into Vettel. Any circuit will do, I'm not fussed.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2890
    edited August 2013

and I'd like to see Mark Webber crash into Vettel. Any circuit will do, I'm not fussed.

All of them, will do fine for me.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Van_HaydenVan_Hayden Frets: 437
    So how about the empty Red Bull seat - Riccardo? Or have they had enough of Aussies??
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Mark Webber is incredibly good looking, is a nice bloke I'd enjoy a beer with and he's a great driver. What a cunt.
    My V key is broken
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom