SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB; Mesa Boogie Mk1

What's Hot
BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 424
edited March 2016 in Amps £
Does anyone have/know the whereabouts of one of these for sale?  Preferably in Bubinga.
No Darling....I've had that ages.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I am brand new to this site, so if I've done things in the wrong order, bear with me.
    I have a Mk 1 reissue from Nov. 97 which I was planning to sell.  It is blond not bubinga.
    If you want all the details, let me know.
  • pj310pj310 Frets: 41
    How much were you looking for @Johnspreyer ?
  • £1000
    If you want pictures and all the details, let me know.
  • BluesyDaveBluesyDave Frets: 424
    edited March 2016

Hi John....PM'd.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
    Very poor etiquette @pj310.  If you're looking for one of these, you should have put up your own WTB thread rather than muscling in on this one really.

I'd be wary of dealing with someone with such a disregard for how things are done here.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Many thanks Modmins....I doff my cap to thee.
    Woah I'm really sorry, I had no intention of "hijacking" a post, and to be completely honest I asked the question more to get an idea of what these go for rather than to snatch it off someone else's hands. I've been looking at finding a good clean tone and came across these and was genuinely just asking more for research purposes.

I sincerely extend my apologies to all parties involved, please ignore/delete the comment as you see fit.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28444
    pj310 said:
    Woah I'm really sorry, I had no intention of "hijacking" a post, and to be completely honest I asked the question more to get an idea of what these go for rather than to snatch it off someone else's hands. I've been looking at finding a good clean tone and came across these and was genuinely just asking more for research purposes.

I sincerely extend my apologies to all parties involved, please ignore/delete the comment as you see fit.
    Thanks for that @pj310.

I completely withdraw my "I'd be wary" comment based on your prompt, courteous and understanding response.

So, who's got a Mesa Boogie mk1 for me??

:D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    edited March 2016
    Thanks for the apology @pj310.  

And @TTony.........See me at break time.
  • ChéChé Frets: 305
    edited April 2016
    Sold a 1x12 combo, bought a head, sold the head, bought another 1x12 combo. Gonna hold on to this one I think.

There's one here if you want to pay far too much for it
    http://www.cranes.co.uk/mesa-boogie-1991-mark-i-re-issue-usa-pre-owned?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=CLiNk9W37csCFe8W0wodOGYJ1A

Failing that there's always the King Snake :D
    Hi @Che, yeah saw that one....lmao.  That particular retailer seems to have a somewhat inflated sense of second hand gears worth.  I wonder if they sell anything?

Oh dear ... so the reason I got interested in these in the first place was I walked into the Cranes showroom in Cardiff the other day and saw that one. And oddly enough thought it was way overpriced
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1072
    Ché said:
    Sold a 1x12 combo, bought a head, sold the head, bought another 1x12 combo. Gonna hold on to this one I think.

There's one here if you want to pay far too much for it
    http://www.cranes.co.uk/mesa-boogie-1991-mark-i-re-issue-usa-pre-owned?utm_source=google_shopping&gclid=CLiNk9W37csCFe8W0wodOGYJ1A

Failing that there's always the King Snake :D
    Hmm, I've got a 78 Mark I which I paid £750 + shipping + tax from the states, worked out about a grand all in for an original - no idea why you would pay anything like that for a reissue?
    ....If you lived in the States they'd be considerably cheaper.  Check out 'Reverb', they give some historical prices (of amps that actually sold).
    edited April 2016
    Not only that, a used reissue! Craziness. I've paid between £500-£800 for a combo.

There's a head on eBay in Barnsley not far from me. Think he's posted it with a 2x12 angled recto cab as well.
    edited April 2016
    I'm actually looking at the Mark 35 as an alternate to my two amp rig. If it can nail some of the Mark I vibe I may well look to sell it. Will keep you posted if so.

And yeah, totally going against what I said in an earlier post. I'm terrible!