Natural finish strats

What's Hot
JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
I'm gutted because the only strat I could find for reasonable money with a modern neck set up was made by Ltd and they have discontinued it.

Any suggestions for a natural finish strats with a modern c style neck (not a big neck), bigger frets and single coils?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JD50JD50 Frets: 670
    Have you had a look at G&L?
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    I have but there's alot in the range.. never played one but they look nice
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    get an ordinary one and strip the paint off it?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    Or make a parts caster?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • that's what I did with mine 30 years ago.. a  stripped the body is now a golden orange colour after oiling it over the years.. more worryingly where have the years gone!

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12766
    What about one of those 70s reissue jobs in natural. They come up occasionally on the bay...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    Exactly - I thought all the 70s reissue strats were natural finish by law?
  • Surely partscaster worth a look here.
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    EdGrip said:
    Doesn't fit the neck or fret requirements the OP asks for, but of course the neck could be swapped.

• kaisoskaisos Frets: 26
    I saw one natural 70s yesterday at a shop and it was very beautiful..

• BasherBasher Frets: 1249
    EdGrip said:
    Doesn't fit the neck or fret requirements the OP asks for, but of course the neck could be swapped.

+1. The Mexican 70s reissues have a big neck and small, vintage-style frets, exactly the wrong combination for the OP.

I love the big neck but hate the tiny frets. The one I tried was also authentically 70s weight - somewhere in the 9lb ballpark. Looked fantastic though and I wish Fender offered this finish on some other models. The first LP (as in record) I ever bought was Made in Europe by Deep Purple and Blackmore played a natural strat on that and a natural/70s-headstock strat was the object of my dreams for many years. Having mellowed out a bit, I'm just as taken by the ones played by Lowell George and Gerry Garcia. 
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    If you're thinking about a bitsa and you don't need a trem, ebay item 391436020714.
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    @dchwhite is that yours?
  • SargeSarge Frets: 2436
    SX make a fine USA ash strat, headstock is a little ugly but they feel really nice, always under.the radar these, very underrated.
    http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/SX-STRAT-GUITAR-Vintage-Series-SWAMP-ASH-/162021457559?nav=SEARCH
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    Jetfire said:
    @dchwhite is that yours?

Not a chance I'd sell that if it was mine! I have 'warmoth' as a saved ebay search, and they emailed me at about the time I was reading your thread :) Looks like the seller has a few of their bodies fs atm.
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 625
    Basher said:
    EdGrip said:

+1. The Mexican 70s reissues have a big neck and small, vintage-style frets, exactly the wrong combination for the OP.

I love the big neck but hate the tiny frets. The one I tried was also authentically 70s weight - somewhere in the 9lb ballpark. Looked fantastic though and I wish Fender offered this finish on some other models. The first LP (as in record) I ever bought was Made in Europe by Deep Purple and Blackmore played a natural strat on that and a natural/70s-headstock strat was the object of my dreams for many years. Having mellowed out a bit, I'm just as taken by the ones played by Lowell George and Gerry Garcia. 

Yeh, that Blackmore natural 70s was a beaut.... had a very distinctive grain development behind the bridge. Got stolen IIRC.

Sounded bloody good too...see him play it several shows on the Burn 74 tour.

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 625

Here is my partscaster...bought on here few years ago. Although now has lace sensors. Swamp ash body with clear coat. warmoth neck.

Make one exactly how your mind sees it image

• EdGripEdGrip Frets: 736
    I see someone ordered a plectrum from Thomann
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom