2»

Comments

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 625
    EdGrip said:
    I see someone ordered a plectrum from Thomann
    Plural ! Two LOL
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    @Drbob yes, but bazxkr has a very sexy bitsa. ..holy crap!!
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    Jetfire;1043039" said:
    Totally agree mate but having played one of those ESPs that thin 'U' profile is pretty unique, if that's the key thing about those guitars that you like you might have a bit of a job finding something similar
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3043
    Did your brother buy your birthday pressie yet ?
    If not maybe a natty finish Strat body or cash towards to get the project rolling ?
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    Not a real Strat, but I believe Yamaha sell a natural finish Pacifica. Modern frets and neck. Only obvious fly in the ointment is that the bridge pickup is a splittable HB rather than a single coil. Oh, and some folks don't get on with the narrow necks. Apart from that it's all hunky.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5318
    HAL9000 said:
    Not a real Strat, but I believe Yamaha sell a natural finish Pacifica. Modern frets and neck. Only obvious fly in the ointment is that the bridge pickup is a splittable HB rather than a single coil. Oh, and some folks don't get on with the narrow necks. Apart from that it's all hunky.
    They certainly did for a long time. It was pretty much the selling point of the guitar when it came out- nobody else made a sub-£200 guitar out of solid wood back in the mid-90s, everything was plywood. All their advertising was about how nobody else made a natural finish guitar...

The old 112J model (discontinued, but still readily available new and plentiful on the used market) has all three pickups mounted to the scratchplate, so you could fairly easily get a new one made up for a bridge SC. The new 112V model has the bridge humbucker mounted to the body so no dice there.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

Im ok with narrow necks because Im an Ibanez player deep down. Something with girth on it (fnar) would be good but Im not a huge single coil player so I may bastard one of the early Pacificas for something like this.. Ive always fancied one tbh so I may just give it a whirl :) 

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    edited April 2016
    Just looked on Yamaha's website. The Pacifica 112v comes in natural. Also there's the Pacifica VMX which seems to be the same but has a maple fingerboard. 

Like I said though, the bridge pickup is a humbucker, but is splittable (via a push/pull function on the tone control) to give a single coil sound.
    http://data.yamaha.jp/sdb/product/image/main/raw/p/pacifica112v_yellow_natural_satin/57DD7FC7EB7B42EB819D16857A98F875_12073.jpg
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    edited April 2016
    Jetfire said:

THks....crap picture though...here is a better one showing the grain, before the pickguard/pup change. If you pick the right body/neck you will get a real lookerimage

You'd think it a different guitar LOL

What body is it? Warmoth?
    edited April 2016
    Jetfire said:
    What body is it? Warmoth?

My mind said yes but just checked back & It is actually a Mighty Mite 2 pc swamp ash body lightly varnished

Neck is a Might Mite compound radius. Bridge Wilkinson VS50 

I don't think you can beat the look of natural wood

Pretty certain this is the body http://www.byoguitar.com/Guitars/MightyMite-Licensed-Fender-Strat--Guitar-Body-in-Ash__MM2700A.aspx

Just add varnish job done haha

• NPPNPP Frets: 237
    mine is in my signature. It was a sunburst for the first 30-odd years of its 'life' but it feels like that only after taking the finish off and slightly reshaping the contours it's really finished and as it should have been

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    EdGrip said:
    Exactly - I thought all the 70s reissue strats were natural finish by law?
    yep - was a condition of getting mine...

http://i59.tinypic.com/fwffp.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>