SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: FS / FT: Marshall 1974x handwired reissue 18w Combo and 1974cx cab

What's Hot
PowerslavePowerslave Frets: 103
edited July 2016 in Amps £
Relisted @ 5th Feb 2016 . . .

Apologies to @Gadgie for listing mine at the same time as his but, as we're many miles (geographically) apart, I'm hoping that there's no "clash" of ads. However, I am happy to withdraw my ad at this time if this is a problem.

Primarily "For Sale", but open to some limited trade options, is my Marshall 1974x reissue handwired 18w combo - the "mini bluesbreaker", as it is sometimes referred to.

Photo album available here:

Price is 800 GBP for collection, or happy to meet within approx 1 hour of post code WA7 for fair fuel costs.

I am the first owner, bought December 2014 from Sound Affects in Ormskirk.

The amp is working perfectly, and new power valves were installed towards the end of last year. I have installed slightly larger (height and diameter) rubber feet than the originals (to gives a bit more lift off, and purchase with, the floor) but the original rubber feet are included and easily refitted (the screw holes were unaffected by this improvement).

Plenty of details on the Marshall website, and much love for the amp around numerous forums:

I have gigged with this amp, typically using the amp for cleans and an OCD for dirt (very small pubs, to small numbers of people so no real chance to open it up beyond 2 on the volume).

In fully clean cosmetic condition, and comes complete with original footswitch for the tremolo channel, and all original paperwork.

Trade-wise, I would be interested in putting this against a Swart AST Master or a 59-necked ES339 (obviously, cash adjustment from me in each case).

This isn't a high-gain, face-melting Marshall. At low volumes, it's a surprisingly bluesy amp. Crank it and it doesn't get super-loud, but it does break into a harmonically complex, gloriously vintage sound - think early DC or Pete Townsend.

Thanks for looking, and happy to field any questions . . .
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PowerslavePowerslave Frets: 103
    edited February 2016

• Bump for the re-list ...
    Bumping from the depths - matching 1974cx cab also available @300 GBP (mint, approx 12 months old).
    I really need these gone . . . so . . .

Marshall 1974x 18w combo (2014 model) in tip-top condition: 750 collected
    Marshall 1974cx (matching extension cabinet) also in tip-top condition:300 collected

Or, 1000 GBP collected for the pair (that's half of new price for "as new" condition, Marshall hand-wired loveliness).

Pricing is exclusive of any fees (should these apply).

I would be willing to meet within an hour's drive or so (based in WA7 postcode).

Great amp, and quality speaker (the aged 20w Greenback) in both the combo and extension cab.

Thanks . . .
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 719
    edited May 2016
    Amazing combo for anyone into that stuff.   Still one of the best looking Marshall reissues IMO.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • challenchallen Frets: 51
    andyoz said:
    Amazing combo for anyone into that stuff. Still one of the best looking Marshall reissues IMO.
    Best sounding too - love mine, what a wicked sounding little beastie!
    ^^^ Thanks for the comments, Gents - I totally agree. It is a great looking and sounding amp, and one which makes for a very interactive and dynamic playing experience.

I've headed off down a different amp path (don't we always!) and room has to be cleared and funds raised, otherwise it would be staying put.

Thanks again . . .
    Bank Holiday weekend bump . . .

Primarily looking for a sale, with px interest probably only for:

- PRS "Sunburst 245" or PF-09
    - Gibson ES 339 (with a 59 neck)

(with cash from me in both cases)

Ta, and enjoy the sun :)
    Bump ...

Available separately or 1k for the pair (that's half-price, folks).

Able to meet within reason, or would be open to discussing shipping.

Limited trade interest (see post above).
  • GadgieGadgie Frets: 96
    Hello, am sorry mate but I think the low pricing on these amps second hand is criminal. Some folks are so fickle about stuff. The 1974x is a great sounding amp 
  • stedsted Frets: 259
    Absolute bargain, if my CS strat goes I can see me being very interested!
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 719
    If I didn't live in Nth Ireland I'd snap that 1974cx cabinet off you (has the best Celestion driver ever IMO) .  I've already got one 1974cx and my mates drool over it whenever we use it so no doubt they'd snap it off my hands...
    ^^^ Thanks, Andy. I am surprised that no one has offered to take the cabinet off my hands as they aren't cheap when new, rarely seen used and, as you say, the aged Greenback is a great driver.

I wonder if the Internet is a blessing and a curse when it comes to the 74x - a shallow Google search and you find legacy posts on transformer issues for the first of these amps ten years ago, or so. Long since dealt with, and this a recent model with no such problems at all.

And, it's a re-issue of a 60's amp - it's not like it's going to be updated with a mkii variant next year! ;)

Come on folks - need to sell, because there's a guitar in these parts that I need to buy!

Ta :)
  • I'm incredibly tempted by the 1974x, but just need to shift my Hiwatt combo to get it!

• Very tempted, not to far away..would look nice next to my beige Vox AC30, line selector in front...but bang goes my 335 cash... Aahghhhhhhh.. V. Cool amps, I regret selling mine
  • challenchallen Frets: 51
    Can't believe this hasn't sold yet! Lovely amp, would have that cab in a heartbeat if I had the spare cash!
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5670
    @Powerslave Is this still available?
    Brize said:
    @Powerslave Is this still available?
    Hey matey - yes it is (the amp, and cab).
    ^^^ @Brize