SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Mesa Dual Rectifier - early 2 channel head

What's Hot
masslessmassless Frets: 24
Early 2 channel version, big logo (Revision G I think). Has serial FX loop mod. Sounds epic. Pics soon.

£725 + shipping.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• kipplekipple Frets: 373
    As the Loop mod has been done can the effects loop still be assigned to one or both channels and is the loop still footswitchable 
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

• masslessmassless Frets: 24
    I'll have to double check as I use a midi switcher that does pedal loops, midi and amp switching all at once so I never needed to use the recto's fx switching. But AFAIK nothing else about the loop is modified. If I remember correctly its a single signal wire desoldered that converts the loop to serial operation and it can simply be resoldered to revert it to parallel mode.
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1072
    Where abouts are you?
  • MrMentaLMrMentaL Frets: 29
    Excellent price. Just picked up a rev f (1992 serial 6xx) and its insanely awesome. Add a tube screamer and you have the best mesa dual rec tone you can get. 
    Where abouts are you?
    South Wales. Happy to pack and arrange delivery as well as collection. I've shipped amps abroad before.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2016
    MrMentaL said:
    Excellent price. Just picked up a rev f (1992 serial 6xx) and its insanely awesome. Add a tube screamer and you have the best mesa dual rec tone you can get. 
    Nice, that's almost a 'pre 500'. Serial is R-0149xx. Surprisingly good at non-metal tones as well, and passable cleans.
  • kipplekipple Frets: 373
    edited July 2016
    massless said:
    Where abouts are you?
    South Wales. Happy to pack and arrange delivery as well as collection. I've shipped amps abroad before.
    Sent you P.M.
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

edited July 2016
    Just plugged in to test the footswitching - I've never used before it but can confirm it does switch in and out remotely.

Tried it into a Engl 4x12 for the first time and can also confirm it is epic. A bit too epic. Having second thoughts about selling... bare with me.
    kipple said:
    massless said:
    Where abouts are you?
    Sent you P.M.
    replied
    kipple said:
    massless said:
    Where abouts are you?
    Sent you P.M.
    replied