Frustration...and not a small amount of anger

What's Hot
Today, I saw a post on Facebook about a young Akita on his last day at the pound, scheduled to be PTS. Rather than just share it (which actually achieves very little), I thought "No, this time I'm going to do something about it."

So, I click the link on the post. Website down.

Right, I'll search Google's cache for that site's contact details. Contact page is just an email form...useless.

Next...search their DNS records to find a contact. No useful contact details.

Fine...I'll trace the maze of Facebook shares back to the person who originally posted it...they'll have some useful information, right?

Well, they might do, but they haven't even looked at my message in the last four hours.

Right, then, let's see if we can find out where the dog is. Searched everywhere for rescues mentioning the dog's name...nothing.

Searched Google Images for the photo - that threw up two more rescues who'd both posted urgent notices, so I call them both three times...no answer. I send texts...nothing. I send them emails...and get one auto response back - "We only respond to emails between 4pm and 5pm on weekdays".

Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK? All these people posted urgent requests for help on this dog's last day, and none of them - not a single fucking one - bothered to answer messages from me, offering exactly the help they needed. Worse, one of them had taken nearly £100 in donations specific to this dog from people wanting to help.

I mean, if they're going to post appeals like that and not answer messages, the least they could do is put up some useful information, like where the dog is so someone can actually bypass them and still try to save the dog.

The original poster on Facebook - who *still* hasn't bothered reading my message - has just posted that he was put down half an hour ago, saying "...such a shame that nobody could take him in".

I'm absolutely incandescent with rage right now.
<space for hire>
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7521
    The cynic in me wonders if its just a scam for donation.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • The cynic in me wonders if its just a scam for donation.
    + 1 to PolarityMan's post.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28098
    edited August 2016
    I'd have said the same thing, if it weren't for the fact that the only instances of that photo that Google could find were the two (well-known) rescues.

"Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily be explained by stupidity and incompetence."
    <space for hire>
  • chrispy108chrispy108 Frets: 2336
    A sound motto to live by @digitalscream - people are stupider than they are nasty, on average anyway.

Still shit in this situation :(
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2774
    Sorry if I'm stating the obvious -  did you comment on the Facebook post or pic -  I've had a few messages get filtered and discovered someone was tying to get hold of me and missed them.         
    Sad story though.
    John_P said:
    Sorry if I'm stating the obvious -  did you comment on the Facebook post or pic -  I've had a few messages get filtered and discovered someone was tying to get hold of me and missed them.         
    Sad story though.
    I would have, but only her friends could comment.
    <space for hire>
  • AllyAlly Frets: 65
    Digitalscream:

Well done for making the effort. Shame that it didn't work out. 

Are you still planning on getting a rescue dog then? Plenty out there needing help.

Certainly not to derail your thread, but I got a rescue GSD a year ago. Massive work, and very slow progress with him, but hugely rewarding.
    Ally said:

Are you still planning on getting a rescue dog then? Plenty out there needing help.
    No, we already have three rescues. I did, however, manage to find a rescue who had a foster space ready for him. That makes me even angrier - spare foster spaces are like gold dust :(
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    When I saw this thread title I was rummaging around for my tracking numbers....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

Gassage said:
    When I saw this thread title I was rummaging around for my tracking numbers....
    LOL!

Apparently, the original poster got it wrong. They found him a space, so he's safe; that's something, at least.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AllyAlly Frets: 65
    Digitalscream:

Ah, you've certainly done your part in helping dogs in need. Much respect due to you and a wisdom. 

Apologies for jumping into your tread.

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Just because you are mad, don't write anything bad on the forum as you might have to ban yourself.
    I feel your frustration though like a hand held over a gas hob on 6.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock