Does anyone know how to order custom Schaller tuners?

What's Hot
First thread - let's make some new ONLINE FRIENDS.

Ahem. Anyway....I want some of these tuners:

But with Fender-type slotted shafts. According to that page, they can supply those tuners with "f-style capstans" (slotted shafts). I've tried to contact both Schaller and their UK distributor but I've had no luck. I'm waiting to hear back on whether I can order what I want through Thomann

Does anyone have any other leads I could chase up?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 8078
    I've done a custom order via Thomann, just email them. Part numbers from the schaller website help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    I've done a custom order via Thomann, just email them. Part numbers from the schaller website help.
    Cool, I've tried that so I guess I just wait for a reply now.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11978
    tFB Trader
    Remembering that Schaller are a large scale manufacturer and mainly supply OEM parts to guitar companies it can sometimes be a numbers game and getting a one-off may not be so easy but I'd be interested to hear how it pans out

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

Remembering that Schaller are a large scale manufacturer and mainly supply OEM parts to guitar companies it can sometimes be a numbers game and getting a one-off may not be so easy but I'd be interested to hear how it pans out
    It doesn't seem like an obvious thing, for a company like them to offer custom options, but it says right there on their site that they offer what I'm after. It's just that I can't find anywhere that lets me add it to a basket.

The first reply from Thomann was to direct me to these tuners  which are the DR version, and there is no indication on the page that they have them in stock with slotted shafts/f-type capstans/safety shafts/whatever arbitrary name a company wants to give them.
    Right, latest reply from Thomann says "we can supply these only for use on a guitar that we sell... Please provide model and, if possible, serial number"

Well it's a shame because the Epi G400 that I DEFINITELY own and is also available to buy on Thomann's site is off for some wiring work. I don't know the serial number. That's all I could tell them. 

I'm DEFINITELY not gonna retrofit these to a dirt cheap POS Washburn acoustic that I love the sound/feel of, but has dog poo tuners on it. 

Wouldn't it be nice if you could just BUY these tuners instead of applying for them?
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    These Guys are great to deal with and they've been very helpful to me when I've called them to ask about parts before ordering.

That's the tuners you want but with the normal post, however they should be able to tell you if they can get the slotted posts you want especially if you can give them the details in your link to the Schaller web page.
    I've bought Schaller parts from them twice now and they're great. Turned up next day in 1st class post and the prices i paid for my parts were great too, in one case literally half of what strings direct wanted for exactly the same part.

Hope this helps.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks for the tip!
    @Alnico , after giving up on Thomann and letting the issue sit for a while, I approached Touchstone on your recommendation and I have got a positive response. Thanks.

They can be ordered, I've just got to wait 2 months and surrender my right to a return (unless there's a problem).
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    bbill335 said:
    @Alnico , after giving up on Thomann and letting the issue sit for a while, I approached Touchstone on your recommendation and I have got a positive response. Thanks.

They can be ordered, I've just got to wait 2 months and surrender my right to a return (unless there's a problem).
    I'm not surprised that you got a positive response from Touchstone but wow, 2 months?

Why does it matter where it is in the world, nothing takes 2 months to get anywhere. If it's down to production then maybe but wow.

I'm glad you got some kind of answer anyway.
    I guess they make them up especially. If Schaller had them ready to go, then you'd be able to buy them a bit more directly, right?