SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

jeez, some got a bargain: carr rambler

What's Hot
maxdmaxd Frets: 46
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 506
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Saw that,  the reverb didn't work and you've got to add 24% fees on top but still a good deal. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • maxdmaxd Frets: 46
    24%!, I didn't realise that, I think I'll stop going to guitar auctions and lusting then
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1641
    I saw that too before the sale. But actually you pay 40% extra, no? 20% buyers' premium plus 20% VAT.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    JohnPerry said:
    I saw that too before the sale. But actually you pay 40% extra, no? 20% buyers' premium plus 20% VAT.
    More than 40% I think as I believe the Vat is 20% of auction price plus buyer premium, so works out a bit more
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • I think the extra VAT is not applicable to 2nd hand gear, but VAT is added onto the initial 20% fee they add which I think comes out at 24% on top of hammer price. I could be completely wrong so don't take my word as definitive. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16679
    I think the extra VAT is not applicable to 2nd hand gear, but VAT is added onto the initial 20% fee they add which I think comes out at 24% on top of hammer price. I could be completely wrong so don't take my word as definitive. 
    quite correct
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    Oh yes quite right, Vat not my strong point on a Sunday :)
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    You do pay VAT on used gear if the seller is VAT registered, I was VAT registered for years and had to charge VAT on everything we sold, new or used ....... kind of a 2nd win for the VAT man I spose
    www.2020studios.co.uk