Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New TC Electronic mystery pedal

What's Hot

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited October 2016
    I think we can assume it's a new range of pedals in this format, I reckon as follows:

First will be called a Furr Face - it'll add a stupid grotty looking hispter beard to your tone

Another will  be called the Jack Up - hence the jacks on the top side of the pedal, this reduces the trouser length of your tone by the required 0.75", to partially display your tone's jazzy socks. 

And the last, for now, will be a completely transparent pedal, with true bypass, and a mix knob to mix in your clean tone with your transparently unaltered clean tone.

More to follow
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I havent seen a USB socket yet (unless i have totally missed it!) Maybe its not a toneprint one???
    ...or it could be a new Toneprint range which no longer requires a USB port for firmware updates and deep editing?

Then again, the Toneprint pedals all tend to have the same number of knobs (or thereabouts) because the hardware is more or less interchangeable.

100mA is an awful lot for most non-digital pedal types, although all except the Minis draw more than that (the Flashback is about 250mA, as I recall).
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    Other thought: when tc got bought out by the owners of Behringer there was much speculation what that might mean. So, Chinese made cheap tc range? Non toneprint delay, reverb, etc.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Other thought: when tc got bought out by the owners of Behringer there was much speculation what that might mean. So, Chinese made cheap tc range? Non toneprint delay, reverb, etc.
    Yeah maybe that's quite possible. Some of the Behringer pedals actually sounded OK but would break if you stepped on them, so if TC could do them with better switches.... Oh hang on
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Other thought: when tc got bought out by the owners of Behringer there was much speculation what that might mean. So, Chinese made cheap tc range? Non toneprint delay, reverb, etc.
    Yeah maybe that's quite possible. Some of the Behringer pedals actually sounded OK but would break if you stepped on them, so if TC could do them with better switches.... Oh hang on

I've never had a problem with any TC pedal.  Having said that, I haven't really kept any of them long enough lulz. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    This looks like TC are launching a new series of analog pedals or something... something totally unrelated to everything else they do.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Other thought: when tc got bought out by the owners of Behringer there was much speculation what that might mean. So, Chinese made cheap tc range? Non toneprint delay, reverb, etc.

I've never had a problem with any TC pedal.  Having said that, I haven't really kept any of them long enough lulz. 
    My Flashback X4 died on me. Ended up having to get a replacement from Gear4Music. All went fine, but there was no real indication of what went wrong.
  • PMT just insta'd a photo suggesting that they are releasing three new analog pedals.

Dont know why I am getting caught up in the hype, I have never owned a TC pedal! 
  • Gassage said:
    Sassafras said:
    While TC are carrying out this long, boring teaser campaign, half a dozen new pedals have been made available in shops by other manufacturers.
    I've changed me rig 14 times in this period alone. They missed out.
    is that a euphemisim....?

• Drew_TNBD said:

My Flashback X4 died on me. Ended up having to get a replacement from Gear4Music. All went fine, but there was no real indication of what went wrong.
    My flashback X4 is going to last for years, absolutely no chance it will fail.

its still currently under confiscation.
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.

• Yellow is overdrive I bet. 

• Blue chorus
    green flange.  
  • Thinking about it...they all seem to be 100mA. That would suggest one of two possibilities:

1 - They're all based on the same platform, ergo some sort of digital stuff
    2 - TC couldn't be arsed figuring out the actual current draw, so they just put "100mA" on the back and hoped nobody would look too closely.
    <space for hire>
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thinking about it...they all seem to be 100mA. That would suggest one of two possibilities:

2 - TC couldn't be arsed figuring out the actual current draw, so they just put "100mA" on the back and hoped nobody would look too closely.
    Either way TC need to get a new photographer, you can't even see what the pedals are!!!!!

#artforartssake 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

You mean like a Nuenaber type interchangeable pedal, where you buy say, an overdrive, but a quick TonePrint burst from your iPhone turns it into a reverb? 

Id be over that like a UKIP MEP at at fistfight. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I could recommend a photographer....... ;-)

I think the pedals will come in various platforms - you will have an overdrive / distortion platform, flanger / chorus platform, reverb / delay platform.  With each platform you will be able to download a new type of distortion, flanger, chorus, delay etc and load it onto your pedal which relates to that particular effect.  

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16253
    And it's...an analog delay! 3 knobs, that's yer lot.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26749
    edited October 2016
    Not just a delay...

Echobrain Analog Delay

Afterglow analog chorus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV4AoUsnZQY

I'm guessing there's more to come.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    Not impressed. 

Brings absolutely nothing to the party. 

I'd rather have one of the Boss Waza pedals (or an MXR) based on their much better reputation for reliability.
  • The chorus sounds pretty good, but the Echobrain and Grand Magus are instantly forgettable to me.
    <space for hire>